• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return shipping from CGC

6 posts in this topic

I recently submitted one book (modern tier, express) for grading and one book for reholdering.  When I submitted these, I chose FedEx Ground for each on the submission form.  However, these were returned via USPS Priority Registered Mail at almost twice the cost of FedEx Ground.  Each of these submissions were valued at only $100, so if FedEx Ground couldn't be used, there was no reason to not at least ship via USPS Priority with an additional $50 of insurance--which would have been considerably cheaper than Registered Mail.

I have another submission I'd like to do, but I'm hesitant to do so if I'm going to have to go through the hassle of getting reimbursed for a shipping method I did not choose.  Is there a possibility that the return shipping method I choose for my next submission will not be honored?

• Administrator

Hello Paul, 

We are sorry to hear that you had some issues with shipping. We have confirmed that the shipping has been credited to your account for the error in the shipping method. We will be speaking with our shipping department to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We sincerely apologize for the confusion. 

• Administrator
On 8/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, workingdog said:

I actually credited you the fees as well for this mistake that occurred on your invoice as well. This will apply to one of your submissions in house (4109392/4109398). Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, MattM CS said:

I actually credited you the fees as well for this mistake that occurred on your invoice as well. This will apply to one of your submissions in house (4109392/4109398). Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Yes, thanks @MattM CS, I was reimbursed for the shipping error on the previous submission.  My question was for submissions going forward.  I want to make sure that the return shipping I select when submitting will be the method that is actually used when the graded comics are returned to me.