• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Requested! What sets do you want to see next?
4 4

180 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, The Pullfather said:

Is there anyway we can get the 1st Edition Gray Stamps Removed from the Pokemon 1st edition Base Set. The first picture attached shows 47% complete when really it should be 96%-98% complete. By removing the 1st edition gray stamps, people will be able to complete their sets. 

The second picture I attached shows how the holo gray stamp can be accounted for points under the 1st edition set registry. I know there has been a Gray Stamp 1st Edition stamp Set Registry added but as you can see from the pictures, one can get points double accounted for. 

The 1st Edition Base Set that we have is a master set, so it will include all the cards from that set, including the Gray Stamp cards. Most of the sets will have multiple iterations and so some cards may end up being available in more than one set. However, we do appreciate your suggestions, so please keep them coming. :) 

I would like to request a set for the early Japenese Promo cards! Im not exactly sure what to suggest, I only really know about the few I have myself, but cards like Illustrator Contest Cards,  CD Promos, Vending Series Cards, etc from 1997-1999 or so.

They are sorted in the pop reports so could be as simple as making them into sets that match how they are grouped together there.

Thanks!

Edited by SnorlaxCollective
Typo

• Administrator
On 12/14/2022 at 11:20 AM, SnorlaxCollective said:

I would like to request a set for the early Japenese Promo cards! Im not exactly sure what to suggest, I only really know about the few I have myself, but cards like Illustrator Contest Cards,  CD Promos, Vending Series Cards, etc from 1997-1999 or so.

They are sorted in the pop reports so could be as simple as making them into sets that match how they are grouped together there.

Thanks!

Thanks for the great suggestion! 

@CGC Lyndsey Are you able to update the Black Star Promos - Error Variants set to include the inverted/no stamp errors?

The following errors are missing:

1. #2 - Electabuzz (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  2. #2 - Electabuzz (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp
  3. #3 - Mewtwo (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  4. #3 - Mewtwo (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp
  5. #4 - Pikachu (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  6. #4 - Pikachu (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp
  7. #5 - Dragonite (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back Inverted Stamp
  8. #5 - Dragonite (1999) Mewtwo Strikes Back No Stamp

Thanks!

• Administrator
On 1/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

Are you able to update the Black Star Promos - Error Variants set to include the inverted/no stamp errors?

Thanks for the excellent question! The error card sets on the registry only include cards where CGC has recognized the error on the label. Since the "no stamp" and "inverted stamp" cards are not recognized as errors on the label, they were not included in the set. 

On 1/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Thanks for the excellent question! The error card sets on the registry only include cards where CGC has recognized the error on the label. Since the "no stamp" and "inverted stamp" cards are not recognized as errors on the label, they were not included in the set. 

Why are the following cards included then? None of them have "error" on the label but they are included just the same.

1. Dragonair 1999 Base Set - 1st Edition "Rainbow" Ink Smear 18/102
  2. Ninetales 1999 Base Set - Unlimited Holo Black Flame 12/102
  3. Exeggcute Reverse Holo - 2002 Legendary Collection - Misaligned Print Layer 75/110

• Administrator
On 1/4/2023 at 1:02 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

Why are the following cards included then? None of them have "error" on the label but they are included just the same.

Thanks for bringing this up! These cards have been removed from the set. 

• Administrator
On 1/4/2023 at 2:50 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

These cards are errors though. Where can I submit corrections for those cards then? They are errors and should be denoted as such.

OK, let me look into it and I'll get back to you. :) 

• Administrator
On 1/5/2023 at 11:12 AM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

Thank you, looking forward to getting consistent labels :)

The best course of action is going to be emailing customer service and asking if the cards can be recognized as an error. If so, then they can talk with you about submitting the cards for a re-holder, etc. In the meantime, we have created a set under the Test Prints/Oddities category for the Black Star Promos no stamp and inverted stamp cards. 

• Administrator
On 1/5/2023 at 2:15 PM, jayyyce said:

Will jumbo cards be in consideration for grading?

Hi @jayyyce, I would recommend posting your question in the Ask CGC Trading Cards section of the boards. It can be found here: https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/99-ask-cgc-trading-cards/

On 1/5/2023 at 1:09 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

The best course of action is going to be emailing customer service and asking if the cards can be recognized as an error. If so, then they can talk with you about submitting the cards for a re-holder, etc. In the meantime, we have created a set under the Test Prints/Oddities category for the Black Star Promos no stamp and inverted stamp cards. 

I will do that, thank you!

Also thank you for creating new sections for those :)

• Administrator
On 2/2/2023 at 10:25 PM, NamesJay said:

Would love to see these added:

Japanese Fancy Graffiti set

Japanese VMAX Climax Secret (all CR, CSR, SR and UR)

Japanese Vending Series 1, Series 2, Series 3

Thank you for the great suggestions! :)