• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Requested! What sets do you want to see next?
4 4

185 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/31/2023 at 5:02 AM, StephenWA said:

Hi Lyndsey,

I am a new collector of CGC (CSG) cards. My interest is in graded basketball cards. I have made a few requests for sets to be added via the links from the CSG/now CGC Cards website, but cannot see than any of these have been added yet.

Do I need to do anything else, aside from being patient?

Kind regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen, If you've made the requests for the sets, they will be added in the order they were received. I'm sorry I don't have more info, this forum is specifically for trading cards and non-sports cards. We do have a sports cards specific forum, they may be able to give you some additional information. You can find that forum here: https://boards.csgcards.com/forum/12-csg-registry/

On 8/1/2023 at 3:38 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Hi @Sensei Ryan, it's no bother. New Marvel sets will be coming soon (definitely before the end of 2023)! Can you post a link to the comics forum set requests thread that you're talking about? I only moderate the TCG Registry forum so I'm not familiar with it. It may be something we can do at some point; I will have to look into it. 

Thank you @CGC Lyndsey!!!

Here is a link to the Comic registry 'request new sets' thread:

New Set Requests Thread for Comics

Basically once a set is created (after it is found out to be a legit request, of course), the administrator who creates the comic sets makes them in the order of when they've been requested, thus creating a 'queue' for the new to-be-created sets.  Once made, the admin then crosses them off the list.  If a set cannot be made then it is noted by the admin either in the OP's post or by quoting them and then denoting why.

I know it would be a lot of work to add this to your plate, but it should be noted that if this were to happen in the trading cards sections there would need to be noted an already established queue of sets that are in line that we don't know about so that posters wouldn't constantly ask you when their requested set would be created.

I'm not certain of this but I imagine there are far more types of comic books to deal with than non-sports trading cards so eventually I'm certain these sets would be caught up to the point that there wouldn't be a need to create new sets each week but since the registry is new I understand how much time goes into their creation.  I appreciate you for it and for the communication with us (and for the update you just gave me in your previous post).

I'm super excited to see the new Marvel sets soon - thank you again for all your help!!! :) 

• Administrator
On 8/1/2023 at 2:00 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Thank you @CGC Lyndsey!!!

Here is a link to the Comic registry 'request new sets' thread:

New Set Requests Thread for Comics

Basically once a set is created (after it is found out to be a legit request, of course), the administrator who creates the comic sets makes them in the order of when they've been requested, thus creating a 'queue' for the new to-be-created sets.  Once made, the admin then crosses them off the list.  If a set cannot be made then it is noted by the admin either in the OP's post or by quoting them and then denoting why.

I know it would be a lot of work to add this to your plate, but it should be noted that if this were to happen in the trading cards sections there would need to be noted an already established queue of sets that are in line that we don't know about so that posters wouldn't constantly ask you when their requested set would be created.

I'm not certain of this but I imagine there are far more types of comic books to deal with than non-sports trading cards so eventually I'm certain these sets would be caught up to the point that there wouldn't be a need to create new sets each week but since the registry is new I understand how much time goes into their creation.  I appreciate you for it and for the communication with us (and for the update you just gave me in your previous post).

I'm super excited to see the new Marvel sets soon - thank you again for all your help!!! :) 

Thanks so much for the link and explanation! We do currently have a lot of set requests in the queue through the submission form, but this might be something we can do once that gets a little bit smaller. I will pass the feedback along though! :) 

Hello! Any way we can get release headers/separators for Second Stage, Third Stage, & Fourth Stage like First Stage and Seventh Stage have? They're all kinda blending together with the subsets being added...

Spoiler

First Stage with separator headers:
image.png.d4507b60a5bb7df6e33bca633f7f56ec.png

Second stage with no separator headers:

image.thumb.png.54d56e94cba21c5e3459c3b1f9cf8cba.png

Fourth stage with no separator headers:

image.thumb.png.b6939319284faeba7b1cbfbb6c12156d.png

Seventh stage with headers:

image.thumb.png.db267ab32b6e988923805610ac642aac.png

Edited by cyclonus11

• Administrator
On 9/3/2023 at 8:04 PM, Iceman399 said:

Lorcana:
1. D23 Promo Set
2. The First Chapter (204 cards)
3. The First Chapter (408 cards + 12 enchanted)
4. The First Chapter Master Set - D23 + 420 Cards + Gencon/Gamescon/OP Promos

Thanks for the great suggestions! :) 

Hey @CGC Lyndsey!

Can we get the following sets added to the creation queue? I honestly can't remember if I ever added these in the registry as official requests via that method so I figured I'd post them on here as well just to be safe:

1. DC Cosmic Cards (Impel) 1992 Holograms (#'s 1 through 10)

2. DC Cosmic Teams (Impel) 1993 Holograms (#'s 11 through 16)

3. DC Cosmic Master Set Holograms (#'s 1 through 16) - continuation of the #'s from Series 1 & 2

*Note - these requests are for the holograms ONLY from those sets - not the base cards.

Thank you! Please let me know if these are okay to request!

~ Ryan

• Administrator
On 9/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Can we get the following sets added to the creation queue? I honestly can't remember if I ever added these in the registry as official requests via that method so I figured I'd post them on here as well just to be safe:

1. DC Cosmic Cards (Impel) 1992 Holograms (#'s 1 through 10)

2. DC Cosmic Teams (Impel) 1993 Holograms (#'s 11 through 16)

3. DC Cosmic Master Set Holograms (#'s 1 through 16) - continuation of the #'s from Series 1 & 2

*Note - these requests are for the holograms ONLY from those sets - not the base cards.

Thank you! Please let me know if these are okay to request!

Hi, Yes these are OK to request, and thanks for the great suggestions! :) 

• Administrator
On 9/19/2023 at 10:01 AM, cyclonus11 said:

Hello! Is there a reason why the new Pokemon base game non-English sets don't have scores? Just something I noticed with the new sets...

No, there should be scores for these cards. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! We'll get it fixed. :) 

• Administrator
On 9/23/2023 at 6:25 PM, cferguson9595 said:

Are there no Japanese Pokemon sets for newer cards? I have been collecting Japanese 151 but cannot add them to a set.

Currently the only sets available are the English language sets, but the Japanese language sets will be coming soon! 

• Administrator
On 10/2/2023 at 5:09 AM, StephenWA said:

Please can you add CGC Card sets (basketball) for the following:

• Shane Battier
  • 2012-13 Panini Contenders Substantial Signatures Contenders

Thank you,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

This chat board is for the trading cards registry. You can find the sports cards registry chat board at this link: 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/131-cgc-registry/

If you haven't already, I would recommend putting in a set request for those on the sports card registry. Below is a screen shot of where you can find the set request form, just click into any sport and then choose any subcategory and you will see a link to the set request form under the card image. The sports registry team will work on those requests in the order they're received.

Thanks! :) 

image.png

I would like to suggest a few sets for Base Set.

When the non-English languages sets came out, they also had a Holos set for 1st and Unlimited.

Could we have those two sets also added for the english holos? And then one for Shadowless holos too.

Next, I saw we jumped ahead to 151 for the Japanese sets. Will we get the last few Sun & Moon sets added soon, and then the Sword & Shield sets in order?

Japanese is also still missing a lot of promo sets. I could list the ones I know of later if that is helpful.

Edited by SnorlaxCollective