• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Requested! What sets do you want to see next?
4 4

185 posts in this topic

Vintage Tobacco Card Non-Sport Sets

Supposedly CGC wants to promote that they are grading Non-Sport cards other than TCG, yet anytime new sets are added its all TCG or predominately TCG.  I have tried to help your push by sending in a vintage tobacco card set based on actors/actresses, put in a request to have the set added and nothing for over a month.  I was hoping to have the set in place prior to the registry contest deadline but even with sending the cards in September and requesting the set in November when I received them back did not help.  I would like to send in more to help boost your non sport registry but it appears that CGC does not truly want to embrace this community of collectors.

Edited by TwoYewts

On 1/9/2024 at 10:24 AM, TwoYewts said:

Supposedly CGC wants to promote that they are grading Non-Sport cards other than TCG, yet anytime new sets are added its all TCG or predominately TCG.  I have tried to help your push by sending in a vintage tobacco card set based on actors/actresses, put in a request to have the set added and nothing for over a month.  I was hoping to have the set in place prior to the registry contest deadline but even with sending the cards in September and requesting the set in November when I received them back did not help.  I would like to send in more to help boost your non sport registry but it appears that CGC does not truly want to embrace this community of collectors.

The registry team is pretty small. Probably over 1000 sets they would want added, but it takes time. 1 month isn't any time at all. Don't feel slighted it hasn't been added yet. 

• Administrator
On 1/9/2024 at 10:24 AM, TwoYewts said:

Yes, we saw your request for the vintage actors set! Thanks for submitting it!

We are a small team but are working to get more TCGs as well as more non-sports categories up as quickly as possible. I would encourage you to continue submitting the set requests as it's our official list of requests that we work from. 

On 1/9/2024 at 12:24 PM, TwoYewts said:

A set I requested in May 2022 was added in December 2023. It takes a bit of time, but they are working through it.

Hello @CGC Lyndsey & @Maribeth !

Can we get the following sets added to the queue for the CGC Trading Card Registry new set requests list?

1. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series IV (1993) - Red Foil Cards & Hologram (Red Foil #'s 1-9 + Hologram #1)

2. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Suspended Animation Cards (#'s 1-12)

3. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Holograms (#'s 1-4)

4. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Suspended Animation & Hologram Cards (Master Set - Suspended Animation #'s 1-12 + Holograms #'s 1-4)

5. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series V (1994) - Power Blast Cards (#'s 1-9)

Thank you for your help as always in creating new sets for us TC enthusiasts to have fun and compete with...it is greatly appreciated!

~ SR 

• Administrator
On 1/16/2024 at 3:32 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Can we get the following sets added to the queue for the CGC Trading Card Registry new set requests list?

1. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series IV (1993) - Red Foil Cards & Hologram (Red Foil #'s 1-9 + Hologram #1)

2. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Suspended Animation Cards (#'s 1-12)

3. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Holograms (#'s 1-4)

4. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Suspended Animation & Hologram Cards (Master Set - Suspended Animation #'s 1-12 + Holograms #'s 1-4)

5. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series V (1994) - Power Blast Cards (#'s 1-9)

Thank you for your help as always in creating new sets for us TC enthusiasts to have fun and compete with...it is greatly appreciated!

~ SR 

Thanks for the great suggestions! I've added these to the list! :) 

• Administrator
On 1/16/2024 at 6:50 PM, Iceman399 said:

I likely won't be working on the set for a while but.

Lorcana Floodborn (already out)
Lorcana Inklands (out next month) 😂

Thanks for the great suggestions, new Disney Lorcana sets are coming soon! :) 

Hello again @CGC Lyndsey & @Maribeth !

It's me again...with just a few more requests to be added to the queue for the CGC Trading Card Registry new set requests list:

1. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Silver Holofoils (#'s 1-10)

2. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Gold Holofoils (#'s 1-10)

3. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Bronze Holofoils (#'s 1-10)

4. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Bronze, Silver, & Gold Holofoils Master Set (#'s 1-10, #'s 1-10, & #'s 1-10 = 30 cards in total)

~ SR 

• Administrator
On 1/17/2024 at 10:58 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

It's me again...with just a few more requests to be added to the queue for the CGC Trading Card Registry new set requests list:

1. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Silver Holofoils (#'s 1-10)

2. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Gold Holofoils (#'s 1-10)

3. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Bronze Holofoils (#'s 1-10)

4. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Masterpieces (1994) - Bronze, Silver, & Gold Holofoils Master Set (#'s 1-10, #'s 1-10, & #'s 1-10 = 30 cards in total)

~ SR 

Hi Sensei Ryan! 

No problem! Thanks for the list!

I've added these to the queue as well. :) 

Hi @CGC Lyndsey,

THANK YOU for adding MTG third stage subsets!
THANK YOU for adding Legions & Scourge sets!
THANK YOU for adding subsections for those stages that didn't have them! They were starting to blend together :S

Question: Are you going to go back and add the rest of the subsets for Scourge?

• Administrator
On 1/18/2024 at 10:06 AM, cyclonus11 said:

Hi @CGC Lyndsey,

THANK YOU for adding MTG third stage subsets!
THANK YOU for adding Legions & Scourge sets!
THANK YOU for adding subsections for those stages that didn't have them! They were starting to blend together :S

Question: Are you going to go back and add the rest of the subsets for Scourge?

You're welcome! 

Yes, the remaining Scourge sets will be added soon. 

And we have more MTG sets in the works as well. :) 

Hi Lyndsey,

Could you make an update/new set for the Lorcana promos?  I think there should definitely be the D23 set on it's own and then maybe a master set which would include the convention/d100/league promos?

• Administrator
On 1/23/2024 at 9:56 AM, Iceman399 said:

Hi Lyndsey,

Could you make an update/new set for the Lorcana promos?  I think there should definitely be the D23 set on it's own and then maybe a master set which would include the convention/d100/league promos?

Thanks for the great suggestion! New Disney Lorcana sets are coming soon, including the promos that aren't part of the D23 Expo set. :) 

Sorcery Contested Realm sets please.

Beta Foil Master Set (402 Cards) - self explanatory
Beta Foil Unique (66 cards) - self explanatory
Beta Foil Elite (103 cards) - self explanatory
Beta Foil Exceptional (128 cards)  - self explanatory
Beta Foil Ordinary (105) cards - self explanatory
Beta Foil Avatar (15 cards) - Just the 15 Avatar
Beta Foil Sorcery Nine (9 cards) - Philosopher's stone, the four unique cores (amethyst, aquamarine, onyx, and ruby), and the four elite mix (aer, aqua, ignis, and terra)

The same could be done for Alpha and eventually non-foil for Beta and Alpha.

• Administrator
On 2/15/2024 at 9:18 PM, Kory Peterson said:

Sorcery Contested Realm sets please.

Beta Foil Master Set (402 Cards) - self explanatory
Beta Foil Unique (66 cards) - self explanatory
Beta Foil Elite (103 cards) - self explanatory
Beta Foil Exceptional (128 cards)  - self explanatory
Beta Foil Ordinary (105) cards - self explanatory
Beta Foil Avatar (15 cards) - Just the 15 Avatar
Beta Foil Sorcery Nine (9 cards) - Philosopher's stone, the four unique cores (amethyst, aquamarine, onyx, and ruby), and the four elite mix (aer, aqua, ignis, and terra)

The same could be done for Alpha and eventually non-foil for Beta and Alpha.

Thanks for the great suggestions! I've added these to the list. :) 

Could you confirm that you have Magic the Gathering Portal sets in my requests? If not, could you add it to the list?

Magic: the Gathering -> Second Stage -> Portal

I have these right now if you need cert #s, plus more in my future planned submission batches:

Thank you!

On 1/16/2024 at 6:32 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello @CGC Lyndsey & @Maribeth !

~ SR 

I second all of these cards sets.

and to add I have a full graded base set in my inventory waiting for a place to go :(

Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Base Set (#'s 1-150)

• Administrator
On 2/16/2024 at 5:24 PM, cyclonus11 said:

Could you confirm that you have Magic the Gathering Portal sets in my requests? If not, could you add it to the list?

Magic: the Gathering -> Second Stage -> Portal

I have these right now if you need cert #s, plus more in my future planned submission batches:

Thank you!

Yes, Portal is on the list! :)