• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Requested! What sets do you want to see next?
4 4

185 posts in this topic

Thank you @CGC Lyndsey!  I know this may be answered already as well, but is there a place where we can see the 'queue' as to what is on the list of to be created sets?  In the comic forum there is and they get crossed off as they're created but I didn't know if this existed in the card section or not.  If so, please let me know (if not, no worries).  We appreciate the help you do for us in the card registry! 

• Administrator
On 5/8/2023 at 7:48 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

Thank you @CGC Lyndsey!  I know this may be answered already as well, but is there a place where we can see the 'queue' as to what is on the list of to be created sets?  In the comic forum there is and they get crossed off as they're created but I didn't know if this existed in the card section or not.  If so, please let me know (if not, no worries).  We appreciate the help you do for us in the card registry! 

You're welcome! :) 

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to show the queue at this time. It is something we hope we can do in the future. 

Is there any chance that we could see the 22 Fire Emblem Cipher 0 sets and Corresponding promos added? I'd personally like to see the following sets added:

Japanese Divine Flames of Light and Darkness (B02)

Japanese Conquering Honor (B07)

Japanese Unnumbered Promotional Cards

Japanese Life and Death: Beyond Destiny (B08)

Japanese Eyegazing Future (B14)

Japanese The Advance of All Heroes (B17)

Japanese Oratorio of Embarkation (B18)

Japanese The Holy Flame of Sublime Heaven (B19)

Japanese The Heroes' Paean (B22)

• Administrator
On 5/20/2023 at 2:43 PM, tidria said:

Is there any chance that we could see the 22 Fire Emblem Cipher 0 sets and Corresponding promos added? I'd personally like to see the following sets added:

We will be adding more TCGs, I don't have a time frame for Fire Emblem 0 yet. Thanks for the great suggestions! :) 

Hey @CGC Lyndsey!  Is there a way to know when new sets are created?  I know there is probably a long queue but on average how many new sets are graded per week/month?  No rush and I don't want to come across as impatient (I'm certain there are tons of sets in the queue) but if there's an estimate as to how long it takes for sets to be created once they're placed in the queue that would be good to know.  Still new to the graded card game and while I know what to expect with comic sets I have nothing to compare to for the card sets.

Thank you for your help in advance - it is greatly appreciated! :) 

• Administrator
On 6/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hey @CGC Lyndsey!  Is there a way to know when new sets are created?  I know there is probably a long queue but on average how many new sets are graded per week/month?  No rush and I don't want to come across as impatient (I'm certain there are tons of sets in the queue) but if there's an estimate as to how long it takes for sets to be created once they're placed in the queue that would be good to know.  Still new to the graded card game and while I know what to expect with comic sets I have nothing to compare to for the card sets.

Thank you for your help in advance - it is greatly appreciated! :) 

I post new set releases on the chat board every week on Tuesday for Trading Card Tuesday! Below is the link to that thread so you can check it out! The number of new sets graded per week/month varies, so I unfortunately don't have a timeframe. But we are working very hard to get new sets out as soon as possible! And we do really appreciate everyone's patience! :) 

On 6/2/2023 at 7:11 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

I post new set releases on the chat board every week on Tuesday for Trading Card Tuesday! Below is the link to that thread so you can check it out! The number of new sets graded per week/month varies, so I unfortunately don't have a timeframe. But we are working very hard to get new sets out as soon as possible! And we do really appreciate everyone's patience! :) 

Ah - I saw these posts and just thought it was announcing new cards being released, not new sets being created for the registry :)  I'll be sure to keep an eye out on this thread for the new Marvel registry sets on the horizon!  Thank you for the info, Lyndsey! 

• Administrator
On 7/13/2023 at 1:23 PM, cyclonus11 said:

I do have one small call-out: Stronghold should come before Urza's Saga

So it does! 😂

Thanks for pointing that out! It's been fixed. 

On 6/14/2023 at 11:44 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Yes! Those will be coming soon! 

Thank you for working on these! One thing to note - the Reserved List goes through Urza's Destiny, so the sets in Second Stage up through that point (Stronghold, Urza's Saga, Urza's Legacy, Urza's Destiny) can have Reserved List subset types like the First Stage releases. (They don't have as many cards in them as the sets in the First Stage, so they should be easier to add maybe? They do contain some valuable cards, though.)

• Administrator
On 7/26/2023 at 4:03 PM, cyclonus11 said:

Thank you for working on these! One thing to note - the Reserved List goes through Urza's Destiny, so the sets in Second Stage up through that point (Stronghold, Urza's Saga, Urza's Legacy, Urza's Destiny) can have Reserved List subset types like the First Stage releases. (They don't have as many cards in them as the sets in the First Stage, so they should be easier to add maybe? They do contain some valuable cards, though.)

You're welcome! :) 

And thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that to the list. 

On 5/8/2023 at 10:48 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hey @CGC Lyndsey - so sorry to bother you but I wanted to check in again (still new-ish to the card collecting game via CGC, btw) but are there plans to release more than 1 set a week?  It's been close to 3 months since I made some new set requests (for Marvel/DC type cards) and since we can't see the queue I'm wondering if it'll be years before these come to fruition.  I know it's a lot of work so please don't think I'm complaining with this but as an avid collector of cards it's just disappointing that something like 9-10 of the sets I collect not to have registry sets (so far only 1 does).  All I see each week is Pokemon/Magic/gaming-type cards sets being created and I'm certain that's probably the majority of what card collectors go for but still I wanted to ask how realistic anything Marvel/DC related will be created before 2023 is over.

Sorry again for asking and I know how much work it must be to create these new sets each week...but without seeing any type if queue of sets on the list to be created (like we do in the comic section) I'm just curious as to what the estimated wait time will be lol.  Thank you for your hard work and sorry to reach out to ask this.

~SR

Sidenote - will it ever be possible to get a queue for set requests started like we have in the comic forum?  Basically when a new set is desired people request it and it gets put in order of when it's requested.  This would make things more transparent and give us more of an idea of wait time, at least...just a thought.  Thanks again for everything!

On 5/5/2023 at 6:36 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

You're welcome! We're happy to have more card collectors, the more, the merrier! :) 

You don't have to put your requests in both places

Hi Lyndsey,

I am a new collector of CGC (CSG) cards. My interest is in graded basketball cards. I have made a few requests for sets to be added via the links from the CSG/now CGC Cards website, but cannot see than any of these have been added yet.

Do I need to do anything else, aside from being patient?

Kind regards

Stephen

• Administrator
On 7/28/2023 at 3:24 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hey @CGC Lyndsey - so sorry to bother you but I wanted to check in again (still new-ish to the card collecting game via CGC, btw) but are there plans to release more than 1 set a week?  It's been close to 3 months since I made some new set requests (for Marvel/DC type cards) and since we can't see the queue I'm wondering if it'll be years before these come to fruition.  I know it's a lot of work so please don't think I'm complaining with this but as an avid collector of cards it's just disappointing that something like 9-10 of the sets I collect not to have registry sets (so far only 1 does).  All I see each week is Pokemon/Magic/gaming-type cards sets being created and I'm certain that's probably the majority of what card collectors go for but still I wanted to ask how realistic anything Marvel/DC related will be created before 2023 is over.

Sorry again for asking and I know how much work it must be to create these new sets each week...but without seeing any type if queue of sets on the list to be created (like we do in the comic section) I'm just curious as to what the estimated wait time will be lol.  Thank you for your hard work and sorry to reach out to ask this.

~SR

Sidenote - will it ever be possible to get a queue for set requests started like we have in the comic forum?  Basically when a new set is desired people request it and it gets put in order of when it's requested.  This would make things more transparent and give us more of an idea of wait time, at least...just a thought.  Thanks again for everything!

Hi @Sensei Ryan, it's no bother. New Marvel sets will be coming soon (definitely before the end of 2023)! Can you post a link to the comics forum set requests thread that you're talking about? I only moderate the TCG Registry forum so I'm not familiar with it. It may be something we can do at some point; I will have to look into it.