• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant-Size X-Men #1
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Giant-Size X-Men #1 that's currently CGC graded at 7.0 (images attached).  Some of the white-spaces on the front and back cover appear to have dirt smudges.  For example, one of the attached images shows stains below the words "Senses Shattering".  Another shows stains along the top of the back-cover.  The edges line up near-perfect, so I think its been pressed before.

Do you think this is a candidate for "pressing" by CGC (since the service will try to remove stains)?  I'm ultimately trying to determine if CGC may grade this higher if the smudges are removed.

01.png

02.png

03.png

try posting in Grading and Restoration issues. Chatter I hear from professionals is that there are better services than CCS. If you're going to roll the dice, I'd look for someone you can work with directly and see examples of similar cleanings they've done

On 8/20/2022 at 2:59 PM, earthprime said:

I have a copy of Giant-Size X-Men #1 that's currently CGC graded at 7.0 (images attached).  Some of the white-spaces on the front and back cover appear to have dirt smudges.  For example, one of the attached images shows stains below the words "Senses Shattering".  Another shows stains along the top of the back-cover.  The edges line up near-perfect, so I think its been pressed before.

Do you think this is a candidate for "pressing" by CGC (since the service will try to remove stains)?  I'm ultimately trying to determine if CGC may grade this higher if the smudges are removed.

01.png

02.png

03.png

Hi, please post full front and back images of the whole slab including the label, thanks!

On 8/20/2022 at 2:12 PM, Tbone911t said:

I see at least 4 tears along the spine. Not sure you'd get much higher. Graders notes? 

Yup.

On 8/20/2022 at 3:25 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Need to see grader notes

Yup.

On 8/21/2022 at 4:08 AM, KirbyTown said:

Hi, please post full front and back images of the whole slab including the label, thanks!

Yup.