• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will books fade under standard room lights?
2 2

60 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2022 at 10:32 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 8/24/2022 at 10:30 AM, KirbyTown said:

You're not posting your address right?

no I'm sure with the CGC boards that is all behind a log in screen lol and then not visible to anyone but me, js

and I don't post it to social media either, but presumably you hear of it happening there even though it should be personal behind your own login.

js made me think

On 8/24/2022 at 11:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

but I've seen everyone else do it too? (shrug)

It’s what the boards are supposed to be about.  I hate the color emitted by LED’s. That bluish white flicker is nauseating.  I don’t think the books in their current grades are in much danger of any fading damage.  As for the rest buy a Doberman. 

Edited by ThothAmon

If anyone (I know no board member would do so :wishluck:) wishes to steal my stellar CGC graded comic books, my address is "0000 and 0, Gofistyourself Road, KMA, 11111 not another 1." (shrug)

On 8/24/2022 at 10:37 AM, ThothAmon said:

It’s what the boards are supposed to be about.  I hate the color emitted by LED’s. That bluish white flicker is nauseating. As for the rest buy a Doberman. 

I enjoy LED cause they last longer, but I feel you on the flicker.

If I owned a doberman the neighbors Chihuahua would meet their end, so I AM at least thinking of others. Who needs 7 Chihuahuas I'll never know 😂

On 8/24/2022 at 9:40 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I enjoy LED cause they last longer, but I feel you on the flicker.

If I owned a doberman the neighbors Chihuahua would meet their end, so I AM at least thinking of others. Who needs 7 Chihuahuas I'll never know 😂

So I have the soft white LEDs and they don’t seem to flicker. 

and funny enough my wife and I are looking at Dobermans 

On 8/24/2022 at 10:36 AM, Venomous72 said:

So I just pulled out one of the bulbs and apparently I switched these to LED soft whites several months ago and forgot until now haha.  So that is good i suppose

And yeah this office is in the basement with no windows or ways to see in.  If someone broke in and made their way down to my office I am sure they would take everything regardless of if things were on display or in a box, and I do buy these to look at and appreciate them (and they are all insured, so there's that I guess)

Yeah, if you are displaying in your home you are fine.  I still rotate books because I get tired of staring at the same things after a few weeks. 

On 8/24/2022 at 10:49 AM, WolverineX said:

Yeah, if you are displaying in your home you are fine.  I still rotate books because I get tired of staring at the same things after a few weeks. 

lol I just needed that little vote of confidence ha! Back to horse playing :banana: 

On 8/24/2022 at 11:39 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

If anyone (I know no board member would do so :wishluck:) wishes to steal my stellar CGC graded comic books, my address is "0000 and 0, Gofistyourself Road, KMA, 11111 not another 1." (shrug)

Hey neighbor 

On 8/24/2022 at 1:26 PM, The Meta said:

If anyone thinks they'll make money off of my collection, more power to em

I’ve got a dozen longboxes I wish someone would steal.  I’m too old to be hauling those things down the stairs to the curb.  Who’s the muppet that thought carrying 350 comics at a time would be a good idea?:tonofbricks:

On 8/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve got a dozen longboxes I wish someone would steal.  I’m too old to be hauling those things down the stairs to the curb.  Who’s the muppet that thought carrying 350 comics at a time would be a good idea?:tonofbricks:

Having just moved yet again, I feel your pain 

I tell you what, fellow canuk, if you have mostly 90s drek, I might swing by

On 8/24/2022 at 1:32 PM, The Meta said:

Having just moved yet again, I feel your pain 

I tell you what, fellow canuk, if you have mostly 90s drek, I might swing by

You should have swung by my LCS 2 weeks ago

Boxes and boxes of 90s drek

$2 yard sale in the parking lot

The next day

$100 a long box - build your own 

Price decreased until the boxes were gone.

I ended up bringing a long box of random of Indie books home. Thought they might be interesting to go through.

Not so much:insane:

On 8/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You should have swung by my LCS 2 weeks ago

Boxes and boxes of 90s drek

$2 yard sale in the parking lot

The next day

$100 a long box - build your own 

Price decreased until the boxes were gone.

I ended up bringing a long box of random of Indie books home. Thought they might be interesting to go through.

Not so much:insane:

Alberta sucks for anything usually 

On 8/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, The Meta said:

Alberta sucks for anything usually 

I grabbed another half longbox ( scraping the bottom of the barrel to pull those) of Marvel/DC stuff.  After getting them home, I considered filling the remainder of the box with my own drek, and returning them all.:facepalm:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER