• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

batman #900 coming our way
1 1

18 posts in this topic

So BATMAN (2016) is approaching #135 in 2023, which according to my calculation should be BATMAN #900 using the Legacy numbering.

Has anyone heard anything regarding this milestone issue?

Or will DC not resort to Marvel numbering trickery and number it as #135 and just keep moving along as if #900 didn't happen?

Does anyone care? 

It took me a minute cause I was remembering detective reaching the 1000 landmark.

I'm sure a lot of people care, but I've only picked up some random issues between here and there, on tec and especially on Batman.

I know I don’t care because I stopped collecting Modern Batman back in 1998…for the most part.  TEC 1000 was the last milestone I purchased, all variants.  I ended up with a 9.9 graded variant that will stay in my PC.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:09 PM, Galen130 said:

I know I don’t care because I stopped collecting Modern Batman back in 1998…for the most part.  TEC 1000 was the last milestone I purchased, all variants.  I ended up with a 9.9 graded variant that will stay in my PC.

Lol I was looking at 9.9's today, quite a few were batman or tec. I forget if it was specifically #1000, but I don't thinks so, that's quite the book to sub yourself for 9.9 or buy. Either way glad for you.  :)

It did make me wonder if DC paper was easier, than Marvel or others, for grades but idk.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/26/2022 at 7:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I was looking at 9.9's today, quite a few were batman or tec. I forget if it was specifically #1000, but I don't thinks so, that's quite the book to sub yourself for 9.9 or buy. Either way glad for you.  :)

It did make me wonder if DC paper was easier, than Marvel or others, for grades but idk.

Not sure about the paper, but it was a TEC 1k that I submitted myself and it wasn’t pressed.  It was a lesser known variant by Kaare Andrews.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, Galen130 said:

Not sure about the paper, but it was a TEC 1k that I submitted myself and it wasn’t pressed.  It was a lesser known variant by Kaare Andrews.

Lucky duck! I can respect that. I've had certain issues that are classic for higher than 9.8, ie last Robin, but still hasn't happened for me so congrats. :x

On 8/26/2022 at 7:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lucky duck! I can respect that. I've had certain issues that are classic for higher than 9.8, ie last Robin, but still hasn't happened for me so congrats. :x

Appreciate it!!  9.9’s are a rarity now…can’t get a proper grade from CGC anymore it seems.  No more Moderns for me!!! lol

On 8/26/2022 at 5:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Should we also discuss this among other things in modern?

Anyway I'd be excited 

FB_IMG_1661561649775.jpg

To be honest, I'm burnt out on all the spider man gimmicks. I would prefer a really great story rather than the next first appearance of spider-baby, spider-rapper, spider-cat, ad infimum.

I guess all I would expect for Batman 900 is a good story as well. Probably won't happen though.  :tumbleweed:

On 8/27/2022 at 12:59 AM, D84 said:

Legacy numbering is bull:censored:. They started over in 2011.

Action Comics and Detective Comics never hit issue 1000.

Another reason I walked away from modern comics.

I have almost completely (finally) kicked the bad habit of buying new books on Wednesday. After over 40 years of buying Amazing Spidey, I finally dumped it with number "900". Batman and Detective are the final two books on my pull list other than a few TwoMorrows magazines. And Bats and 'Tec are hanging on by a thread at this point. I may or may not make it to Batman 900.

I don't really care much for the different covers, just hoping that the story will be something memorable, in a good way.

Who will be write the story, who's the artist, etc.

When they brought Zur-En-Arrh back yet again in the latest story arc, I felt like scrapping the title completely, and for me to do that it's gotta be bad.