• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C**S ... is it true?
6 6

126 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, Tnexus said:

I don't actually mind their cases, but CB*S's font and font size always bugged me. There's just too much dead space on their label and it looks weird.

The numerical grade in Times New Roman looks terrible. I ended up with a slab of theirs and I couldn't stand looking at it, so I cracked it, tossed the label and left it raw.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:18 PM, Dr. Balls said:

The numerical grade in Times New Roman looks terrible. I ended up with a slab of theirs and I couldn't stand looking at it, so I cracked it, tossed the label and left it raw.

Yeah, this is one of those instances where you should absolutely hire a design firm.

On 8/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, WolverineX said:

I'm not really a card guy but is Beckett really gold standard or PSA?  

PSA is the Gold or Platinum standard for Sports Card grading currently, like it or not and I don't but it is them.   Beckett carries a negative cachet for a solid majority buyers and sellers compared to PSA.   About 15 years ago for short time Becket was on top in terms of perception then they put on clinic of what not to do and how to dilute a brand.   Not that PSA is any great shakes but they are firmly #1 and SGC and Beckett are niche so too is CGC card grading.   PSA to card what CGC currently is to Comics, but things can change and I sure hope they do.

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/27/2022 at 9:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

If people are going to post links to our competitors forum, or images of their logo or books, this thread is gone.  Actually, it's on thin ice as it is.

Hey Mike, I was trying to be very respectful of the topic I was bringing up and if the rumor is true... CGC has nothing to worry about. :)  I hope I didn't open up a can-o-worms.

Case in point, I don't think there's a story out there circulating about how CGC lost 300 slabs from a valued customer!

I mean, seriously... that's a death sentence! (RIP)

C.CS? the labels suck and the cloudy plastic appearance sucks on the cases. CGC has zero to worry about. Now, regarding the new up and coming competitor with the new UV resistant cases coming soon? Maybe, but those labels are the ugliest ones out there

• Administrator
On 8/27/2022 at 11:35 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Are you actually reading the posts? Everything in this thread about your competitor is bashing them and saying how crappy they are. These posts are akin to someone coming on a Chevy forum and saying Ford sucks. Get a little thicker skin.

Perhaps you read the posts after I removed the links to competitors site, and removed images of their books.  Anyhow, I will decide what is allowed, and what is not.  

On 8/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

Perhaps you read the posts after I removed the links to competitors site, and removed images of their books.  Anyhow, I will decide what is allowed, and what is not.  

Not to come into this, Mike, but yeah, I read the forum post linked, and it made the company look like an absolute amateur trashfire. And these are from the words of its most ardent supporters! You really had nothing to worry about there. 

They also love you. You should do a signing. Terms of endearment like 'clown' and 'bozo' were used. Have you been posting Lemonparty over there again? 

• Administrator
On 8/28/2022 at 8:02 AM, Cat said:

Not to come into this, Mike, but yeah, I read the forum post linked, and it made the company look like an absolute amateur trashfire. And these are from the words of its most ardent supporters! You really had nothing to worry about there. 

They also love you. You should do a signing. Terms of endearment like 'clown' and 'bozo' were used. Have you been posting Lemonparty over there again? 

Under no circumstances are links to our competitors forum allowed to be posted here.  

On 8/28/2022 at 10:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

Under no circumstances are links to our competitors forum allowed to be posted here.  

Yeah, I just meant it really did no harm. It actually improved your image. I even shook my head while I read it. 

• Administrator
On 8/28/2022 at 9:26 AM, The Meta said:

Mike's taking a page on moderation from JessO

There will be no links to the competitors site, no images of competitors slabs, or no promoting our competitors.  I have seen the first 2.  I allow a ton of stuff to be posted on this forum.  I draw the line on these 3 things.   I don't think that is too much to ask.  This thread is still here.  Carry on with it, and keep the 3 things I mentioned in mind before posting.