• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC put the back of a comic on the slab front?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

So there's a book that is actually dual covered. But I like the back more than the front. Problem is on the back of the slab it's actually upside down. So if you take the back of the book and turn it upside down, you have the same book but just the other cover...If that makes sense.

Can I take my 9.8, send it back to CGC to be reslabbed but with the back cover as the front slab cover?

On 8/29/2022 at 8:58 PM, KCode98 said:

So there's a book that is actually dual covered. But I like the back more than the front. Problem is on the back of the slab it's actually upside down. So if you take the back of the book and turn it upside down, you have the same book but just the other cover...If that makes sense.

Can I take my 9.8, send it back to CGC to be reslabbed but with the back cover as the front slab cover?

I believe the precedent has been set.  It was quite a specific scenario though...

On 8/29/2022 at 8:32 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Not the book I was thinking of, but apparently they’ll do flip books by request...

I believe your right on all accounts, including to set it up with cgc to begin with. I believe they refer it higher up for approval ; although such a request probably shouldn't look like a qc mistake lol

Funny the allowances and results, I've never checked but maybe the graders notes should make it known that it was approved or requested.

I'll give that thought credit, cgc has never used such a request as an excuse for qc, so idk. :sorry:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM