• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC-exclusive Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Gold Foil Variant
3 3

219 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, Mavro said:

Pink arrived today and is about to go hang out with its gold and silver friends in the ME line. At least the QC#6 stamp isn’t scuffed. The book was just graded last week so whatever issues CGC thought they resolved, they haven’t. Paying extra for crazy fast Fast Track isn’t worth it if I have to go through the ME process for every book. Come on, guys. Get it together. 

I've sent back pinks, reds, and silvers - never seen this much scuffing and interior debris before.

On 2/21/2023 at 5:23 PM, Iconic1s said:

Completely sold out in about 15 mins. I think the 9.8’s were out in about 10 mins. They are already showing up on eBay doh!

I was about to post this info and your notification popped up. This one sold out faster on both raw and graded than the spot foil.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 2/20/2023 at 3:55 AM, Gaard said:

If they would just open up the 'pay for grades' option to everyone, they would make a boatload of money. They've already shown that they have no problem with doing this ('acetategate', this Superman thing, etc), why not give everyone the same opportunity?

Unfortunately, none of this behavior is new.....and CGC hasn't been interested in creating a level playing field for collectors in a long time.

Years ago.....before it became a commonly known procedure.....how long did CGC offer it's secret crack/press service to friends/insiders?

How many tens (hundreds?) of thousands of dollars were these "special guests" able to make off of unsuspecting regular submitters before they were outed for doing this by a forum member (can't remember who first discovered this was going on.....was it Hammer)?

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 3/11/2023 at 3:47 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Got lucky getting this many of the blue foils, they sold out within a few minutes. 

20230311_125143.jpg

Blue and lightning 🌩️ I like it. :)