• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC-exclusive Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Gold Foil Variant
3 3

219 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2023 at 7:22 PM, ak47po said:

CGC should have taken care of this instead of making it BTS's problem.

Agreed. It's a tough situation for BTC. Like I said, they already sent them back to CGC twice to re-holder for the same problems and they didn't fix it.

BTC was getting a lot of pressure from customers, mostly because of the price tag on the book.

On 1/9/2023 at 9:07 PM, I like pie said:

Agreed. It's a tough situation for BTC. Like I said, they already sent them back to CGC twice to re-holder for the same problems and they didn't fix it.

BTC was getting a lot of pressure from customers, mostly because of the price tag on the book.

Whether it sold for the original price of $150 or the secondary market price of $1,500, I definitely agree that CGC should never have let these books ship the first time, let alone more than once.

On 1/9/2023 at 9:13 PM, Mavro said:

Whether it sold for the original price of $150 or the secondary market price of $1,500, I definitely agree that CGC should never have let these books ship the first time, let alone more than once.

,2023 Isn’t starting very well for CGC. I was hoping for some improvement.

On 1/9/2023 at 6:46 PM, Mavro said:

My gold was delivered today and is going back as soon as CGC sends me the Mechanical Error info. Silver is also going back due to a black mark inside the case. I actually find it insulting that CGC thinks this is acceptable. 

635A9DDC-CCAA-429B-AE76-B95125D16379.jpeg

935DEEA0-96FE-42A9-A9E3-BA24F188AD7E.jpeg

B4CDE4B9-6992-4BCE-858B-DB97FB92AD68.jpeg

@CGC Mike
Is there any way to get an official word from CGC regarding this scuffing?
In reviewing all available copies on eBay too it seems to be a consistent issue.

Edited by troy.division

On 1/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, troy.division said:

@CGC Mike
In reviewing all available copies on eBay too it seems to be a consistent issue.

CGC's Quality Control was flushed down the toilet a while ago. They know that more people will accept slabs with scuffs like this than bother sending them back in for a reholder. So it's more cost-effective for them to not solve the bigger issue and have @CGC Mike put a band-aid on the books people bring up on the boards. Why bother fixing the actual problem when band-aids work on a case by cases basis! :D

• Administrator
On 1/10/2023 at 12:16 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 1/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, troy.division said:

@CGC Mike

I am working on this.  

This is the deal.  The problem is occurring after the books ship and we need to get to the root problem before we reholder any more, so you get it/them back in acceptable order.  So, hold tight for a bit until we do a shipping test and get the results back.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:17 PM, CGC Mike said:

This is the deal.  The problem is occurring after the books ship and we need to get to the root problem before we reholder any more, so you get it/them back in acceptable order.  So, hold tight for a bit until we do a shipping test and get the results back.

Thanks, Mike.
Look forward to the results of the inquiry.
UPS just delivered mine and I couldn't believe CGC would knowingly ship an exclusive product out (with their name on it) in this condition.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, CGC Mike said:

Does slab bagging occur at packing stage or encapsulation phase?

• Administrator
On 1/11/2023 at 5:42 PM, I like pie said:

Per Nelson, at BTC, email Luis at Signatureseries@cgccomics.com and he will approve no charge reholders for these.

As I mentioned, we are not going to reholder these until they pass the shipping test.  I will keep people up to date on this.  I have the authority to approve ME's.  When it's a go, I will let people know.  

On 1/12/2023 at 12:16 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have just been informed that you can now submit these books as a ME for a reholder. Keep in mind that we’ve had repeated issues with this particular book, so be patient with us.

Thank you, Mike.
Is there any thought into why these books in particular have 'had repeated issues'?