• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2022 - October 6th - 9th - Javits Center - New York, NY.
3 3

78 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, speedcake said:

Four day pass was $212. Where did you get $300 from? 

The guest list is deep, there is a ton of content to take in, and I just love the Negative waves, baby!

It’s going to be packed, I’m going to buy way too many comics, I can’t wait!

They added a lot of guests over the past two weeks, and that makes for a decent guest list, but its too little too late to change plans.  I really don't understand why they waited so long to reveal the additional guest, but it was a poor business decision on their part.

I don't know about anyone else here but reservations were a disaster for me.

All I wanted was to see Todd McFarlane but it was sold out before I even got a chance to try for it. What kind of system lets the first in book as many things as they want? At least if they were prioritized, I could've had a chance at the one thing I wanted.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, PeterPark said:

I don't know about anyone else here but reservations were a disaster for me.

All I wanted was to see Todd McFarlane but it was sold out before I even got a chance to try for it. What kind of system lets the first in book as many things as they want? At least if they were prioritized, I could've had a chance at the one thing I wanted.

Same for me man. Got into the "line" before 1 and Mcfarlane was gone 5 min before I got in. Pretty frustrating especially when I waited for about an hour the other day for them to just cancel the reservations because of technical difficulties.

Wasn’t able to make reservations for anything that was of interest to me and I have a pro badge.  I don’t know if that grants me any special powers or anything.  It used to get me into preview night but now it’s not a preview night if everyone gets to go.  

I don’t know how many more years that this is for me with the exhibitors I want to see doing things online or at their own shows.  A couple of friends didn’t even get tickets this year.   One was denied the discounted pass and another just shrugged the show off alltogether. 

I have to look at what the show actually will be offering and what my personal schedule might be to see if I have the time to spend at all. 

I got nothing also, and all I wanted were some stupid Funko pops. They need to turn it into a pure lottery system so it is a bit more fair,  and avoids luck of the draw on wait times, and confusion with crashes.  Just when you get you tickets you are permitted to enter into X number of lotteries per day, and let luck decide it.

I got two commissions lined up, and may buy some books, but that is all I am doing.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:07 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

They added a lot of guests over the past two weeks, and that makes for a decent guest list, but its too little too late to change plans.  I really don't understand why they waited so long to reveal the additional guest, but it was a poor business decision on their part.

Think with this being the first normal show in 3 years many guests took a wait and see approach. That made it come together slowly.

Anyone seen any specific info on what comics Marvel will be giving away at their panels? In 2019, they announced what comics were being given out at which panels as giveaways. This year, they've said they're giving out comics again but "more info to come," and since then (2ish weeks ago), I haven't seen any other info.

On 9/3/2022 at 5:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

While we are at it... 

lol 

Certain city rules to consider for those unfamiliar with the subway. 

1. If the subway is crowded and you see a car that is mostly empty, there is a reason it is probably empty.   Eyes and ears open at all times.  For all you know the car is empty because a few people have turned it into their own campgrounds.
  2. Look before you sit.  Yes, I have seen people sit in someone else's feces stain.  Disgusting but true.  Our homeless sometimes cannot hold it in.  They release.  They wipe on the seats leaving a brown stain on the blue seats.  If the seat is discolored, stand.  
  3. If standing, look before you touch the bar.  There is nothing worse in the world than touching the support bar or anything else in the subway and then wondering why your hand is wet and then praying that it is water.  I stand. 
  4. When you get to your stop, walk out the doors... and keep walking.  Don't take a step out and then start to check your phone to see where you have to go next. There are others behind you trying to get off.  You will get shoved.  
  5. Do not pet any animals.  Yes, you read that right.  Do not pet any animals.  There are people that are crazy enough to bring their dogs on leashes on the subway during rush hour.  These poor animals are weirded out enough by all the new sights and smells.  They are tolerant and some do not want to be touched.  Don't put a dog in a situation where the dog is being a dog and snaps at you to keep away.  I've seen that and then they blame the dog which is sad.
  6. If you have anything of value keep it in your front pockets or securely in your bag.  Don't talk about high end deals or what others are spending. 
  7. Don't draw negative attention to yourself.  
  8. ...

Anyone want to add any others. 

If your planning on doing any purchases on your way to the con have either the card or cash you intend to use for just those reasons ready.

Have a five, ten or twenty spot at the ready in an easily accessible pocket separate from your main stash of cash and cards. . Don’t stand around fumbling through wallet or purse. I like to have a pre-paid visa or MasterCard type for incidentals like this with about $25- 50-ish depending on what your lunch, snack or such will cost. If it’s lost or stolen somehow, it’s less mental stress trying to report and cancel. If you are using public transport have the right amount to get on x train at the ready also. You would be amazed how curious others are with what’s in your wallet or purse. If your on the train or bus mind your p’s and q’s when at the stops.
A lot of grab and runs happen when your staring on your devices and x individual grabs your stuff and the next thing you know they are out the door just as it’s closing and your confused as to what just happened. I’ve witnessed and interrupted this type of behavior a few times. Just common sense. Look people in the eye and smile. If someone casually asks for a handout or directions or such just say no thank you to the person wanting money. Don’t say your sorry, that leaves room for them to inquire what your sorry about and then🤔😵💫can of worms. 

If asked for directions you either know or you don’t. It’s either that way if you know, or I have no idea if you don’t. Don’t stand around guessing or humming or hawing.  A quick glance of acknowledgment and such to fellow humans can go a long way to make someone’s day. Also if anything were to occur you have an idea of what they look like. No paranoia just common sense. Also as with mentioned prior. Touching things on public transportation is blechhhh! Way before Covid I always made sure to wash hands up real good after getting off the train. Now with all of the inexpensive and surplus of hand sanitizer available just do it before touching food or such. 
And get ready as 🤔😀🐿there are all kinds of bums on the subway.

EC90A126-1899-4793-8D56-352B5C6C2568.jpeg

9808C28B-DB95-4611-A219-14903994EC68.jpeg

D16DE15E-8045-4E81-B0F2-A896C2113FB3.jpeg

Edited by Cobbledclam
Typo

On 10/4/2022 at 7:14 AM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Alex, Chase, and I will be set up in booth #3427 with a ton of new material. We worked on reorganizing all of our raw material and ended up adding about 6 new long boxes of books and have two more to work in while we are at the show. 

All of those are convention only stock and this is the first show they will be at. We also worked about 8 new short boxes of slabs into our existing inventory giving it a much needed refresh. Here is a small sample of the new raws!

97117E10-2BDF-45C5-8B4A-DED2C9C48DC6.jpeg

FB2037F7-0C00-4F47-A8F7-4C872D4D7DEB.jpeg

C1519979-6528-443F-A49B-3086FD059E18.jpeg

E26CA6DE-36AE-4B39-8D91-EE214358E0E1.jpeg

3C0CDFCF-148C-4C2C-916C-A3179C5A6D73.jpeg

4E9B65F5-E9B8-4245-90B6-243DF66F35B0.jpeg

2732696D-9082-46DC-9D97-2CDB8F48DE9F.jpeg

Austin are you doing motor city and Baltimore too? Can’t do New York but hope to hit you guys up at one of those shows. 

On 10/3/2022 at 10:40 AM, Cocomonkey said:

Anyone seen any specific info on what comics Marvel will be giving away at their panels? In 2019, they announced what comics were being given out at which panels as giveaways. This year, they've said they're giving out comics again but "more info to come," and since then (2ish weeks ago), I haven't seen any other info.

Rassumfrassum...found the giveaway info, and the only one of the four I actually want for my collection is from Saturday's Marvel: Next Big Thing panel, and I have a conflict. Argh!

Marvel Panel Giveaways

In addition to variant comics at the merch booth, be sure to attend the MARVEL COMICS: MARVEL FANFARE panel on Friday, October 7, where attendees will receive a stunning color-focus sketch variant cover of Miracleman #0.  See the heroic primary colors of the title character’s costume pop on this one-of-a-kind one-shot cover!   

On Saturday, October 8, attendees at the MARVEL’S VOICES: World Outside Your Window panel will get a reprint of FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: MARVEL’S VOICES #1 with all-new exclusive cover art by Luciano Vecchio!

Also on Saturday, attendees at the MARVEL COMICS: Next Big Thing panel will walk away with an exclusive X-Men Red #7 variant by Stefano Caselli.  The Sins of Sinister loom large on this amazing homage to the classic Uncanny X-Men #239! 

Finally, on Sunday, October 9, attendees at the WOMEN OF MARVEL panel will receive a color-focus variant cover by Ryan Stegman & Romulo Fajardo Jr. of Jane Foster & The Mighty Thor #5, spotlighting Valkyrie and her All-Weapon!

On 9/3/2022 at 8:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

While we are at it... 

lol 

Certain city rules to consider for those unfamiliar with the subway. 

1. If the subway is crowded and you see a car that is mostly empty, there is a reason it is probably empty.   Eyes and ears open at all times.  For all you know the car is empty because a few people have turned it into their own campgrounds.
  2. Look before you sit.  Yes, I have seen people sit in someone else's feces stain.  Disgusting but true.  Our homeless sometimes cannot hold it in.  They release.  They wipe on the seats leaving a brown stain on the blue seats.  If the seat is discolored, stand.  
  3. If standing, look before you touch the bar.  There is nothing worse in the world than touching the support bar or anything else in the subway and then wondering why your hand is wet and then praying that it is water.  I stand. 
  4. When you get to your stop, walk out the doors... and keep walking.  Don't take a step out and then start to check your phone to see where you have to go next. There are others behind you trying to get off.  You will get shoved.  
  5. Do not pet any animals.  Yes, you read that right.  Do not pet any animals.  There are people that are crazy enough to bring their dogs on leashes on the subway during rush hour.  These poor animals are weirded out enough by all the new sights and smells.  They are tolerant and some do not want to be touched.  Don't put a dog in a situation where the dog is being a dog and snaps at you to keep away.  I've seen that and then they blame the dog which is sad.
  6. If you have anything of value keep it in your front pockets or securely in your bag.  Don't talk about high end deals or what others are spending. 
  7. Don't draw negative attention to yourself.  
  8. ...

Anyone want to add any others. 

I remember sitting in a Japanese and Korean metro system (very clean)  and wondering why the US seems like a third world country compared to theirs.  

On 10/6/2022 at 8:37 AM, WolverineX said:

I remember sitting in a Japanese and Korean metro system (very clean)  and wondering why the US seems like a third world country compared to theirs.  

I have too much work and personal stuff going on over the next few days.   Today looks to be a wash as well as Friday, Saturday I we have plans and at that point is it even worth it to go in on Sunday?

BTW... this is not an invitation or solicitation to sell my ticket even if I am not using it.  If I get caught selling my type of badge I am pretty sure I am disqualified from ever getting it again.  Not worth it. 

I woke up late today and saw what it looks like an hour later after my regular commute.  Still the same.  I can only imagine what the out of towners must think of our public transportation system.   I did see someone that may not have read this thread that stood out like a sore thumb this morning.

Word to the wise.  Don't be a mark. 

On 10/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, Buzzetta said:

I have too much work and personal stuff going on over the next few days.   Today looks to be a wash as well as Friday, Saturday I we have plans and at that point is it even worth it to go in on Sunday?

BTW... this is not an invitation or solicitation to sell my ticket even if I am not using it.  If I get caught selling my type of badge I am pretty sure I am disqualified from ever getting it again.  Not worth it. 

I woke up late today and saw what it looks like an hour later after my regular commute.  Still the same.  I can only imagine what the out of towners must think of our public transportation system.   I did see someone that may not have read this thread that stood out like a sore thumb this morning.

Word to the wise.  Don't be a mark. 

Definitely go Sunday.  Deals!