• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Disappointing Stray Dogs Situation
1 1

9 posts in this topic

This isn’t my first post on this topic, however I’m growing more and more impatient. 

I sent in my books in July of 2021.  They were posted as received on 8/16/21. So it’s been over a year at this point. But you know what I’d have a much easier time swallowing these delays if customer service would have been a little more proactive about this situation. I’ve never been contacted about this, the small bits of information I have concerning these delays is from replies CGC has made in other threads. IMO it should not be this way. I realize these delays are likely not the fault of CGC at all but once we start approaching a year without any change in submission status I’d like to think that you’d reach out to us and let know what’s going on. 

for me personally I’d prefer to just cancel this order and let you keep the blanks I sent. one of the dogs I wanted sketched has passed and the other was intended for Christmas gift / Birthday gifts. Also I have a limited budget for this hobby and I hate that I’ve had $500-$600 invested in this and haven’t received anything for a year. 

CGC’s best strength has always been their Customer Service, and I think that’s why this has been such a disappointment 

• Administrator

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. We do understand your frustrations; however, this has been delayed due to a large number of submissions received and the artists are still working on the sketches. We have been in contact with them and they are trying to finish these as quickly and efficiently as possible while still maintaining a quality sketch. 

On 9/6/2022 at 12:52 PM, CMatthews said:

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. We do understand your frustrations; however, this has been delayed due to a large number of submissions received and the artists are still working on the sketches. We have been in contact with them and they are trying to finish these as quickly and efficiently as possible while still maintaining a quality sketch. 

Was curious about the same, but good to know that the delay is just due to being massively popular, would there happen to be an approximate ETA? Or would that be difficult to predict

• Administrator

@Bestmarty

Unfortunately not at this time. Because they are working on these as quickly as they can in between their schedules we are unable to give an estimation for when these sketches will be completed. Rest assured as soon as we have the books back they will continue through the process. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

14 months and counting. What makes this worse is that the artists in question are on the Con circuit doing Dog sketches for people while my books are probably in their closet collecting dust. 

I feel as though I have to take action before my bank tells me the time allotted for me to file a claim has past if it hasn’t already. 

I understand things happen and this is beyond CGC’s control but is CGC putting some degree of pressure on these artists to fulfil the work they have already been paid to do? 

and how long am I reasonably obligated to wait? 

at this point I’d prefer to be refunded

Thought this needed to updated to let everyone know that I finally received these books. A couple of points..

1. according to the label these books were finished being signed and sketched in May. Very odd that it took an additional five months to get them graded, slabbed and sent back to me resulting in nearly a year and a half wait, which imo is not acceptable. 

2. despite the time this took I was floored by how fantastic they came out. My Brother has a Bullterrier so I had this one done for him as a Christmas gift (intended to be a Christmas 2021 gift but fortunately arrived two days before Christmas 2022). This is just incredible..

A4EACDC4-E44D-4E4C-8E66-B2DBBDBB163D.jpeg

On 12/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, Hot Nickels said:

Thought this needed to updated to let everyone know that I finally received these books. A couple of points..

1. according to the label these books were finished being signed and sketched in May. Very odd that it took an additional five months to get them graded, slabbed and sent back to me resulting in nearly a year and a half wait, which imo is not acceptable. 

2. despite the time this took I was floored by how fantastic they came out. My Brother has a Bullterrier so I had this one done for him as a Christmas gift (intended to be a Christmas 2021 gift but fortunately arrived two days before Christmas 2022). This is just incredible..

A4EACDC4-E44D-4E4C-8E66-B2DBBDBB163D.jpeg

It did turn out really cool-looking!

• Administrator

@Hot Nickels

I am glad to see you got your book back! The date on the book was the date that was reported to us by the artists. Unfortunately, we did not have this book back in our custody until December 2022. I am sorry for any confusion this caused. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

On 1/3/2023 at 5:24 AM, MattM CS said:

@Hot Nickels

I am glad to see you got your book back! The date on the book was the date that was reported to us by the artists. Unfortunately, we did not have this book back in our custody until December 2022. I am sorry for any confusion this caused. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Thanks for all of your help