• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-men/Teen Titans and X-men vs Avengers are SUPER HOT!

11 posts in this topic

...For some reason I can't quite figure out. Anyone have any idea why this went so high? $690 with Buyer's Premium makes each book in that lot cost $25.50 before shipping. Is there a book or two in there that is worth $200+ in VF/NM condition? It's been a long time since I've collected this era, so I may be in the dark.

It says it's from the "Roseville Collection", which unless the guy is a serial killer, I can't imagine that finding a stash of copper age books in average VF condition would be rare enough to name a collection after.

I was just watching HA live, and the X-Men lots were going for crazy money - but this one: Holy cow, it was like nerds throwing dollar bills at Scarlett Johansen Lookalike Night at the strip club. It just skyrocketed to $600 from the opening bid of $80. 

1159840768_ScreenShot2022-09-05at7_54_42PM.thumb.png.6f61bfb9a06a60aad0687472dd7088b1.png

On 9/6/2022 at 6:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Could it be noobs to Heritage? Possibly thinking anything on the exchange is big money?

Not the exchange - it was the live auction, so it would require two noobs getting into a whos-got-the-biggest-pecker fight over dollar bin books. I am seriously mystified - it’s not like I came across the final hammer - it was going up right in front of my eyes.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, OtherEric said:

Is there anything in that lot that isn’t still occasionally a dollar bin book?  Admittedly the X-men / TT isn’t as common in the cheap bins as the rest, but it’s not unknown in my experience.

I've picked up several XM/TT in the dollar bins over the years. I do a lot of dollar bin diving, and that is such a beautiful book with an awesome cover, I never passed on a copy at that price. I ended up selling some off when I did a cull a year or two ago, but I still have 3 or 4, I think.

Seriously, aside from X-Men/Teen Titans, these are literally all dollar bin books.  I find these in 8.0+ in dollar bins very, very often.  They all had high print runs due to X-Men being insanely hot at the time.  

By the listing's own description, these aren't even 9.2 books.  And the Nightcrawler mini-series isn't even complete LOL