• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Cards registry?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2023 at 5:54 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Thanks for letting us know. I've added the Howard the Duck card to your set. We're working on adding the ** variant as an option for the remaining cards in the set. If you have trouble with any other cards with that variant, please let me know and I can help you add them.

Thanks Lyndsey; 1 more

Have self-compiled sets of these 75 and 76 Marvels in my grading pile that were going to go the folks in CA prior to the Pandemic.  I really like how your labels match the Comic slabs so will be submitting them to CGC instead.

Edited by MAR1979

• Administrator
On 4/17/2023 at 4:43 PM, MAR1979 said:

Thanks Lyndsey; 1 more https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/41191720421

Have self-compiled sets of these 75 and 76 Marvels in my grading pile that were going to go the folks in CA prior to the Pandemic.  I really like how yours match the Comic slabs so will be submitting them to CGC instead.

No problem! I've added Silver Surfer for you as well. We're so glad you like the slabs, I can't wait to see all your awesome cards on the registry! :) 

Hello @CGC Lyndsey and thank you for your work over here in the cards division!  Will the Cards registry ever have annual awards like how the Comics Registry does?  It would be fun if so (just curious).  Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already! :) 

• Administrator
On 5/4/2023 at 7:16 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello @CGC Lyndsey and thank you for your work over here in the cards division!  Will the Cards registry ever have annual awards like how the Comics Registry does?  It would be fun if so (just curious).  Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already! :) 

Hi Sensei Ryan! Thank you! :)

Yes, there will be awards in the future. That's all the info I have right now, but I will let you all know more as I can. 

On 4/17/2023 at 7:43 PM, MAR1979 said:

Thanks Lyndsey; 1 more https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/41191720421

Have self-compiled sets of these 75 and 76 Marvels in my grading pile that were going to go the folks in CA prior to the Pandemic.  I really like how your labels match the Comic slabs so will be submitting them to CGC instead.

Well my sole reason for considering going with CGC has been eliminated. My 2 sticker sets, plus all my other Comic Cards will remain in their Card Savers or at a future date be submitted to the folks in Newport CA . CGC trading grading was fun while it lasted, I guess???

Thanks anyhow CGC Lyndsey, your professionalism would have netted CGC my Comic cards related business had it not been for this label change.

Edited by MAR1979

• Administrator
On 6/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, MAR1979 said:

Well my sole reason for considering going with CGC has been eliminated. My 2 sticker sets, plus all my other Comic Cards will remain in their Card Savers or at a future date be submitted to the folks in Newport CA . CGC trading grading was fun while it lasted, I guess???

Thanks anyhow CGC Lyndsey, your professionalism would have netted CGC my Comic cards related business had it not been for this label change.

Thank you for the compliment!

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be going with CGC anymore and I will definitely pass along this feedback. 

Hi, I have a question on the current scoring. I have a CGC 9.5 card in the Spider-Man Metal Universe Grandiose set with 143 points. But other 9.5 cards get a score of 166. Is there a reason for the difference? Just trying to understand how the scoring works.  Thanks!

• Administrator
On 6/21/2023 at 2:55 PM, RLL said:

Hi, I have a question on the current scoring. I have a CGC 9.5 card in the Spider-Man Metal Universe Grandiose set with 143 points. But other 9.5 cards get a score of 166. Is there a reason for the difference? Just trying to understand how the scoring works.  Thanks!

Hi! Our scoring model is an algorithm that takes many different factors into account. If you think a score for a particular card should be different, you can submit a Score Correction Request so we can review it. To submit a Score Correction Request, click on the number of points for the card and it will take you to the points list for that card. There will be a link for the Score Correction on the top left. I've included images below. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

image.png

image.png