• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jo-Jo #15 Recil Macon Pedigree

6 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2022 at 7:48 AM, mem72 said:

Dad liked writing on legs!

So you are re-assembling your father's collection?  That's pretty cool.

What is the top book(s) of this pedigree?

Very cool.  Greetings mem72, congrats on the Jo-Jo.  We have chatted in the past.  Fyi, I sold a Police Comics #4 (regrettably - aren't all sales?) here on the boards that I believed likely to be Recil Macon.  Unfortunately it didn't come back from CGC as Recil and I knee jerk sold it.  I purchased it from same person with the #9 at bottom, and it had the same black lines on Plastic Man (s on forehead and little goatee) as drawn in #9 seen on Manhunter and Check Carter's teeth - but didn't have the tell tale name written inside or anywhere.  The inks were same, but limited to matching the cover head of Plastic Man to the cover teeth on my #9.  And, note some previous owner (after your father) did some old school restoration on on both copies - which are only a few issues apart.  That also makes me think they originated from the same place. I understand why GCG didn't certify it Recil, but I still believe it probably was a Recil Macon. 

20200912_193438.thumb.jpg.ff24878cb74206

342194019_sale9122020338.thumb.jpg.38547

comic246-scaled.jpg

abc130-scaled.jpg

Edited by path4play