• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Humor titles ... post 'em here!
3 3

170 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2024 at 12:51 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Absolutely spot on correct (from what I've seen)!!!  (thumbsu 

Yet they're only a tiny fraction as costly! Strange indeed.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/10/2024 at 1:06 PM, Hepcat said:

Yet they're only a tiny fraction as costly! Strange indeed.

(shrug)

Well, they're no where NEAR as popular as the superhero or the PHM books, so the demand is a lot lesser. That's fine with me, as there are a lot left on my want list!!! I like the light-hearted humor and Al Hartley draws women better than almost anyone else at Marvel, with the exception of John Romita. Stan Goldberg was pretty good at drawing the gals too. Dan Decarlo and Russ Heath were as well, but most of their work for the company was earlier than the Marvel Age of Comics.

On 3/10/2024 at 6:21 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Well, they're no where NEAR as popular as the superhero or the PHM books, so the demand is a lot lesser. 

That's curious though which is my underlying point. I mean, hey, I'd rather look at pictures of Millie than of Daredevil or the Hulk or etc, etc. But that's just me I guess....

(shrug)

On 3/10/2024 at 6:31 PM, Hepcat said:

That's curious though which is my underlying point. I mean, hey, I'd rather look at pictures of Millie than of Daredevil or the Hulk or etc, etc. But that's just me I guess....

(shrug)

It IS an odd thing in that Golden Age comics where gals are drawn in a more provocative style (GGA) is VERY popular and sought after, but that doesn't seem to transfer over into Silver Age. For example, the cover below, Al Hartley has Patsy Walker perched on the bicycle bar with a very curvy figure but not many seem to ever mention it.  (shrug)

Patsy Walker 91 raw.jpg

On 3/13/2024 at 1:55 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I'm curious as to whether the 'Miss America' (Patsy Walker starring in ...) issues that ran between 1953-1958 are tougher to find than the regular Patsy Walker issues than ran between the same years.

@Frisco Larson @Hepcat @southern cross @Dr. Love @Get Marwood & I @Kevin.J @jimjum12

I honestly don't know, as I only casually acquire the Miss America comics, not a hot pursuit type of thing for me. I am curious to know the answer though! 

On 3/13/2024 at 6:55 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I'm curious as to whether the 'Miss America' (Patsy Walker starring in ...) issues that ran between 1953-1958 are tougher to find than the regular Patsy Walker issues than ran between the same years.

@Get Marwood & I 

I don't know either, sorry BA.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:55 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

@Frisco Larson @Hepcat @southern cross @Dr. Love @Get Marwood & I @Kevin.J @jimjum12

I've always known Patsy proper to be more in demand. The Miss America's would sometimes arrive if you ordered a Patsy, people don't always know the difference. The M.A.'s usually sell for less as well. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 3/13/2024 at 4:12 PM, jimjum12 said:

I've always known Patsy proper to be more in demand. The Miss America's would sometimes arrive if you ordered a Patsy, people don't always know the difference. The M.A.'s usually sell for less as well. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thanks Jimbo - tonight, I'm going to post scans of a few MAs I've recently acquired.  Might as well post them in this thread!

On 3/13/2024 at 3:16 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Thanks Jimbo - tonight, I'm going to post scans of a few MAs I've recently acquired.  Might as well post them in this thread!

Please do! I bet there are a lot that most collectors have never seen before! That's part of the fun for me ... seeing new things! I've got some early Golden Age Miss America issues ... not that many Silver Age copies in the boxes. Here's one of the "newer" ones I've got, but I think it still qualifies as GA.

Miss America 68 5.0 ow-w front.jpg

On 3/13/2024 at 6:55 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Over here in the UK, I think they are both very tough, I only have maybe 6-10 of each and I buy them if I see them.