• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF1 new series Miller cover FS
2 2

81 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 10:06 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Can someone please post the liefeld Cap art mentioned?

Hey Don there is this thing called "The Google," try it some time :nyah:

It's funny how easy the search is... "liefeld bad captain america" and just plain "awful captain america art" do the trick nicely... plus you find stuff like this

image.png.a97a1dbee69280c220b74ef6792c83f1.png

On 9/23/2022 at 6:18 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

image.jpeg.08fb80b973dc532cfc4f87c08c797624.jpeg

“Let’s see, I’ll start with the shield.    Some circle templates will fix that right up.   Let me add some lines to make it cooler, the kids love lines.      Okay done.   Great.  Now the figure.  I’ll start around his groin here, okay, got his waist done , up to his chest, great… let’s see , let me do the shoulder and the head, person_without_enough_empathyin!   Oops, I left a lot of space between the chest and the shoulder, ehhh, I’ll just fill it in, no will notice.      Rad!   Hmm I want everyone to know he’s got a star on his chest but he’s not standing at the correct angle to be able to see the whole star… ehhh fukk it the kids need to see that star!    

Damn!    Best one yet!!”

Edited by Bronty

On 9/23/2022 at 2:44 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:
On 9/23/2022 at 10:13 AM, tth2 said:

Spare us the exposure of that blight to our eyes and just do a search for Liefeld Captain America on Google.

Is the image mentioned the pregnant Cap / big chest Cap?

If you have to ask, then I think it's really time that you saw an eye doctor.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:30 PM, Bill C said:

Getting back to the 50K ask on the Miller- I remember scoffing at the 50K ask several years ago when the new 52 Capullo Batman #1 cover was made available- but eventually it did sell, and IIRC it was a known collector (not a Saudi Prince or anything) who said he got it, and I believe he mentioned it was at the full asking price.

I understand it's not apples to apples in several ways, but I'm no longer dropping my jaw at realized prices on certain things.

There is a world of difference between Capullo’s Batman and this ‘thingamabob’ by Miller

the Capullo cover was purchased by a collector in Southern Ontario, Canada.  I don’t recall if he paid the full asking price on the cover, but he did bring it to one of the OA get togethers in Toronto

On 9/23/2022 at 3:13 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

the Capullo cover was purchased by a collector in Southern Ontario, Canada.  I don’t recall if he paid the full asking price on the cover, but he did bring it to one of the OA get togethers in Toronto

Does he still have it and is he still an active collector? (Not sure how long ago this get-together happened.)

On 9/23/2022 at 5:27 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

How did the captain chest image get past the editors to be published?

Eh, whatever. He was pushing boundaries and he went too far. I don't fault them at all for sending it to print.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:30 AM, J.Sid said:

Eh, whatever. He was pushing boundaries and he went too far. I don't fault them at all for sending it to print.

My guess is it was sent to print because he was a big name; that’s all.   There was business pressure to print it.   They weren’t in a position to say “what the fukk is this” like they could with the average penciller without fallout.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, Bronty said:

My guess is it was sent to print because he was a big name; that’s all.   There was business pressure to print it.   They weren’t in a position to say “what the fukk is this” like they could with the average penciller without fallout.

Just like the Miller cover

On 9/24/2022 at 8:56 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Just like the Miller cover

Yes, that’s probably a fair comment, although again IMO all they ready had to ask Miller to do there was make some minor tweaks.    With Liefeld they would have had to ask him to start over.     Or cut off his hands (:

Edited by Bronty

comic book figures are not realistic, it is not just Liefeld or FM. (BTW, I am not a fan of this Thing. ugly WW, trashy Black Canary, they are what he intended but this seems, while intentional, poorly visualized with no depth as mentioned earlier.) Editors accept wonky anatomy...I remember hating on Jim Starlin predrawn con offerings because the poses meant each characters legs were different lengths but my pal told me to lighten up, they looked good and he was right in the end.