• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Victory Comics robbed - many high end books stolen.

52 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 10:48 AM, shadroch said:

A bar I was involved with had a jewelry store as a neighbor.  About ten years ago, someone did a smash and grab of the stuff he had in his window. The owner said it was the first time it happened in his twenty plus years of business.  He restocked the window and it happened again a few weeks later.  This time, he thought he'd be clever and put all costume jewelry in the window, but that too got smashed in short order.  Now he puts out his display every day, and takes it in every night. It's a waste of a half hour a day of his time but it's the cost of doing business.

So true

Concerning theft ..FYI… the guy that Terry O’Neil busted stealing in Chicago was caught again at Motor City Con. Info sent to me yesterday from Grahamcrackers. Pic o person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed below. Deer in headlights seems to be his favorite pose. 

ACDD9E4E-0F8F-423F-AF70-B05B9B71CD7B.jpeg

Edited by Cobbledclam

On 10/16/2022 at 4:17 PM, Cobbledclam said:

More pics from ‘Crackers in Chicago theft of person apprehended. 

C7369A89-2097-4D90-8E76-8E176F26FC89.jpeg

B5F26421-C7A8-40D8-B865-C35350ED490A.jpeg

F17B10F7-65B2-4F94-89AE-DED83F5F43CA.jpeg

43860512-B120-48F0-BBB8-CE5E48DC3761.jpeg

It's whole lot of time and effort to prove a felony on shoplifting collectibles especially when they are raw. Most DA offices are so swamped it will be plead to a low misdemeanor - at most, especially given the way the guy looks, then he'll be at it again.

Distribute the pics to sellers at shows/cons in the region is probably only thing that can be done.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/16/2022 at 3:26 PM, MAR1979 said:

It's whole lot of time and effort to prove a felony on shoplifting collectibles especially when they are raw. Most DA offices are so swamped it will be plead to a low misdemeanor - at most, especially given the way the guy looks, then he'll be at it again.

Distribute the pics to sellers at shows/cons in the region is probably only thing that can be done.

Shouldn’t a second offense warrant this DB some time behind bars?

He has really to be sloppy or stupid to be caught twice. Makes you wonder how many times he has got away with it.

We have an old guy here that has been caught a couple times. Everybody knows him and there are those who still buy from him. He has been banned from all the indoor shows but still stalks the flea markets and sells to people out of his trunk…

On 10/16/2022 at 6:54 PM, MAR1979 said:

IMHO Nah, non-violent Misdemeanors in different states. 

I say raid his house if they haven’t already. Gosh knows what amazing collection he may have that many many many dealers have contributed to. Remember he’s the victim. Somewhere someone flunked him at t-ball and badminton. Shame on them! 

On 10/16/2022 at 7:51 PM, Cobbledclam said:

I say raid his house if they haven’t already. Gosh knows what amazing collection he may have that many many many dealers have contributed to. Remember he’s the victim. Somewhere someone flunked him at t-ball and badminton. Shame on them! 

I say cut off a finger every time he gets caught…

On 10/17/2022 at 11:45 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Very pleased to see he was caught.  Looks like he's in his 40's.  Geez, this old and he is stealing comic books?  What's wrong with this guy?

If you are referring to Roulston, that is a rough looking 40s. I know folks in their 60s that look younger and healthier than he does. Granted, he may be ill in addition to, apparently, being a f****** criminal.