• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer 1 (1968)
2 2

12 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 3:14 PM, Deutero said:

Based on front and back alone

I'm a tad higher 4.5±0.5, but that has a big asterisk b/c these square bounds can look bad on the spine and be so close to splitting or chipped. Can you put some more photos? Also the inside of the covers. I've had several recent sets of grader notes comment on tanning, and it seems like that's something they are really coming down on right now.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, scburdet said:

I'm a tad higher 4.5±0.5, but that has a big asterisk b/c these square bounds can look bad on the spine and be so close to splitting or chipped. Can you put some more photos? Also the inside of the covers. I've had several recent sets of grader notes comment on tanning, and it seems like that's something they are really coming down on right now.

Thank you - I'll pull it and take interior shot and side shot (of spine) as you suggest- I've had it in my collection a couple of decades as a VG but I'm grateful for other opinions. !

As requested, the other two pictures.  These new pics (spine and interior) obv wouldn't increase the grade, but at least don't appear to decrease the grade, at least imo.  Thanks again, you all.

And I agree w/MrRoboto and jcjames and the rest of you, the missing corner piece pretty much caps the book at 4.0.

IMG_0498.thumb.JPG.17620c5008fb29184f626ddee38e4731.JPGIMG_0499.thumb.JPG.f8e7f8afbdd0a6877ad4ec942bc72abc.JPG