• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! HARDCOVER NOW AVAILABLE! Pre-Order Your Copy of ‘The Official CGC Guide to Grading.
10 10

230 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2022 at 11:43 AM, marvelcollector said:

Where can it be purchased?

“The Official CGC Guide to Grading Comics” will officially drop during a launch event at New York Comic Con on October 6, where fans can be among the first to receive their copy on-site. Pre-order sales from the website will begin immediately after the New York Comic Con through the CCG Store.

On 10/2/2022 at 1:02 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

$29.95 for softcover

$39.95 for hardcover

per MN in an interview with Bryan McClay and the Beyond Wednesdays show earlier tonight

Very cool, that is WAY cheaper than I thought. For $30 I'd watch monkeys fornicate.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Very cool, that is WAY cheaper than I thought. For $30 I'd watch monkeys fornicate.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:02 AM, ak47po said:

What would you do for $40? :devil:

Eat a sh_tload of these after reading that grading book!!!!! :roflmao:

C213A160-C177-4B59-B375-7B3AF0CA75BB.jpeg

Mark my words, a new, paid grievance process is coming from CGC to coincide with the release of the book. Rather than cracking and resubmitting your book in the hopes it gets a different grade, you will now be able to fill out a form, using the principles outlined in the Grading Guide, and submit a list of arguments for why your book deserves a higher grade. This service will, of course, come at a premium.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:09 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm going to guess because it's higher than what people would expect. However, it's in full color, and even with printing a book in China (not sure if they did or not) it's an expensive endeavor.  And if they are going to sell it as a standalone (not revised yearly, like an Overstreet) they are possibly wanting to recoup the R&D for the book on the first print run. $79.99? Maybe more? Design, literary and architectural standards books are $150+, I could see this being one of those kinds of books. At 400 pages - all joking aside - it's going to be a nice book to own on grading. I'd invest in one.

I'll wait and see how it is before forking over a dime. I hope it is the single most useful text on collecting and grading ever published, but I'm dubious.