• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the YOU TUBE comic book videos thread
8 8

240 posts in this topic

My two favorite Comics channels on YT. Neither focuses on any comics era specifically, but cover the whole spectrum. Unlike some channels I don’t find either host to be full of himself and both are knowledgeable, experienced, good natured and engaging. However, I’m not as into the minutiae as many here, so these channels may seem more for casual collectors, but I often find their observations and deductions intriguing and appealingly presented. YMMV. 

COMIC TROPES

MINTHUNTER COMICS

Edited by Professor Echo

On 4/27/2023 at 2:39 PM, Professor Echo said:

My two favorite Comics channels on YT. Neither focuses on any comics era specifically, but cover the whole spectrum. Unlike some channels I don’t find either host to be full of himself and both are knowledgeable, experienced, good natured and engaging. However, I’m not as into the minutiae as many here, so these channels may seem more for casual collectors, but I often find their observations and deductions intriguing and appealingly presented. YMMV. 

COMIC TROPES

This one in particular was well done and very entertaining.

Comic Tropes is great. They're like mini documentaries and often very funny. Chris is also friends with a lot of creators, like Robert Kirkman and Jim Mahfood, so has plenty of industry insight.

On 10/1/2022 at 2:33 AM, zoso99 said:

I post a "Vintage Comic Show and Tell"  as well as unboxing videos with my oldest daughter Rachael each week. The channel is about five months old. 

Hey David, 

Just found your YouTube channel in the past few weeks.  Only last night did I find the Show and Tell series.  I’m really enjoying it.  Can’t wait to check out the Monday live sale on Instagram.  I know @MrBedrock, @Silver and @Dr. Love .  Are any other of your guests board members?  I always get a kick out of putting faces to names.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:46 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Hey David, 

Just found your YouTube channel in the past few weeks.  Only last night did I find the Show and Tell series.  I’m really enjoying it.  Can’t wait to check out the Monday live sale on Instagram.  I know @MrBedrock, @Silver and @Dr. Love .  Are any other of your guests board members?  I always get a kick out of putting faces to names.

@Inaflash

On 5/16/2023 at 12:37 PM, atomised said:

Hah yes, I just posted that video!  I'm going to get more content up.  Any books or genres you want me to share in upcoming videos?

I think with the Blue Beetle movie now a reality and pending release, a new/updated  Blue Beetle 'history/keys/value'  vid is relevant.

Could be more Pedigree centered content out there as well. Otherwise, your channel is fine, keep doing what you do! 

:cheers:

On 5/16/2023 at 9:46 AM, sagii said:

I think with the Blue Beetle movie now a reality and pending release, a new/updated  Blue Beetle 'history/keys/value'  vid is relevant.

Could be more Pedigree centered content out there as well. Otherwise, your channel is fine, keep doing what you do! 

Sure happy to do more BB keys and relevant books!

On 5/14/2023 at 11:30 PM, zoso99 said:

Thanks for watching! Yes, @Inaflash has been featured, along with Mick (I don’t know his board handle). I will be doing some more this year as well. My claim sale is taking most of my time right now, but it will loosen up over the next few months.

Awesome!  I’m almost at the end of the playlist, so I’ll be looking forward to the new episodes.

On 5/16/2023 at 9:46 AM, sagii said:

here you go, by popular demand lol

On 5/14/2023 at 10:30 PM, zoso99 said:

Thanks for watching! Yes, @Inaflash has been featured, along with Mick (I don’t know his board handle). I will be doing some more this year as well. My claim sale is taking most of my time right now, but it will loosen up over the next few months.

I just wanted to add that I love you and your daughter's channel even though most of the comics you guys talk about aren't ones I'm necessarily interested in.  It's probably one of my 4 favorite comic-related channels.  I also appreciate you going into stuff that aren't your "bread and butter" to keep it interesting (GA, romance, etc. stuff, for example).  Heck, you even (re)introduced me to some covers/comics/genre I didn't really have much interest in prior to watching your channel.  I love how you keep it about the comics, you acknowledge your failures/mistakes, etc.  Keep it up.

On 5/26/2023 at 4:38 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Richard had that big stack of comics in front of him, but only showed one of them.  What the heck?  :frown:

I wanted to see the action figure of the “gruff” comic shop owner! :sumo: