• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the YOU TUBE comic book videos thread
8 8

216 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, adamstrange said:

Ignore the thumbnail.  It's a lovely interview with Alex Schomburg's granddaughters who were babysat by Alex growing up.

I have Keston's channel on "notify" and watched this the other day - it's a "must watch" for any Schomburg or "comic history" fan.  It gives life to Schomburg beyond "man, what a great comic book artist".  He was a lot more than that based upon what the ladies said.  I think somebody also posted this in the Schomburg thread a day or two ago.  I hope he does more interviews like this in the future.

Another in the series of GA Comic Book Tropes; these are flat-out hilarious! I've already linked one of his earlier YouTube videos in the unpopular heroes thread, but since The Black Condor was masterfully drawn by Lou Fine ...even if the characters origin is for the birds... this seems the more apt thread for posting.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:48 AM, PDGray said:

Just put up my latest video a day or two ago - about the Curator Pedigree.  If you know something that I don't talk about in the video - please let me know - this is about learning and sharing knowledge and creating a .

Thank you!

PDG

Great to see another boardie with a youtube channel, there's not many of us.  I just subscribed

On 1/4/2024 at 9:41 PM, atomised said:

Great to see another boardie with a youtube channel, there's not many of us.  I just subscribed

Thank you!!  I think I found your channel as well!  Always glad to support others in the community!

PDG

This video does not mention comics, but it does describe creative sales techniques that happen in the fine art world that have happened in our little world.

To learn more about the legal battle:

https://www.theartnewspaper.com/2023/03/07/leonardos-salvator-mundi-heads-to-court-in-case-against-sothebys

Edited by adamstrange

On 1/12/2024 at 7:25 PM, Telegan said:

Swag interviews a comic presser/restorer and they talk about the industry, how he does his job, blue labels vs. purple labels with regard to the restoration industry, the recent "reholder scam" that's been in the news, etc.

Barry is an interesting cat. The first time I met him was at the first Collector's Summit in Dallas. He set his display up on one of the center tables and one of the items was a More Fun 74 that was incredibly and unnaturally white. Understand that this was a meeting of high-end, established collectors and dealers, all of whom at that time probably had more experience handling books than he did. So I may have been out of line when I picked up the More Fun to examine it more closely, but I was really amused when he said  "THAT’S AN EXPENSIVE GOLDEN AGE COMIC. DON'T TOUCH IT!"

On 1/14/2024 at 1:05 PM, MrBedrock said:

Barry is an interesting cat. The first time I met him was at the first Collector's Summit in Dallas. He set his display up on one of the center tables and one of the items was a More Fun 74 that was incredibly and unnaturally white. Understand that this was a meeting of high-end, established collectors and dealers, all of whom at that time probably had more experience handling books than he did. So I may have been out of line when I picked up the More Fun to examine it more closely, but I was really amused when he said  "THAT’S AN EXPENSIVE GOLDEN AGE COMIC. DON'T TOUCH IT!"

It was personal.

On 1/14/2024 at 3:05 PM, MrBedrock said:

What a tool.  The Barry guy, not you of course, ;)

On 1/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, MrBedrock said:

Sounds like he may have turned that More Fun into less fun.  The irony. :(

On 1/23/2024 at 6:56 PM, Silver said:

This one is pretty funny

lol.  Some of those were really good.  The one about Bry being like Comic Tom but without the cat or followers made me hit pause while I recovered. :D  I thought for sure he'd say Regie sounded like a bald, black Casey Casem impersonator.  Glad he tagged Comic Collector Geek, Automatic Comics, and Swagglehaus as they're 3 of my favorites.  Thanks for sharing.

Here is an old guy's first attempt at a youtube comic book unboxing.  These old books will be for sale or auction.  I haven't decided where yet. If anyone knows of a more appropriate thread that this should be on, please move if you know how or ask me and I will figure it out.   Thanks for looking.  Please note error in my description of Pedigree book - it was sold to me by Ed Jaster as a Mile High but I just noticed that when it was graded it was labeled as an Ohio

Please remember to click like.