• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the YOU TUBE comic book videos thread
8 8

216 posts in this topic

I love the Swagglehaus Comics and Games, Automatic Comics, and Future Past Vintage Collectables YouTube channels.  They seem like the most trustworthy/down-to-earth.  They also seem to focus more on GA, SA, BA and before.  They all hit on GA stuff, with Automatic Comics touching on it probably the most.  His channel is probably my favorite since I've learned a lot as well as you can tell how much he enjoys the comics even though he admits, it's also a business for him.  FPVC is hilarious when the dad tries to make a point and you see him die a little inside when the daughter starts laughing and says something like "yeah, you lost a LOT on that one.".  lol.  I always crack up at those awkward moments.  Another one that's ok is Comic Collector Geek because he seems to buy damn near anything on a whim.  He seems like the guy that goes to the store for some milk and ends up coming home with milk, some chicken, a new pet monkey, a hammer drill, and a 1932 Duesenberg.  His unboxings are all over the place, but he does get some really interesting books/covers.  You can tell he's probably the least comfortable in front of the camera, but I still like that he shares his buys with people.

I like all these guys because they help me learn about covers/comics/trends, etc. that I may not know existed.  A lot of these other channels just seem like used car salesmen or somebody trying to do a pump 'n dump stock/crypto-style.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:09 PM, ThothAmon said:

Thanks for the great videos. Obviously there’s an awful lot of comic collecting history and knowledge trapped in those guys. 

Yeah we needed a channel like this. Visiting long time collectors who know so much and are willing to show some of their great books. Those guys were showing off some really hard to find high grade stuff. 

This section alone has probably dozens of guys/girls with some really great stuff I know I'd love to see. I know that's what a lot of threads on the forum are for but seeing them in high def video is even better. 

Maybe if David gets more subs and the money starts rolling in he will be able to visit more guys with killer collections so we can ogle their stuff. 

Edited by Professor K
spelling correction

I caught the 4-part history of the ages this weekend, watched the LB Cole one last night.  Good stuff!  Killer copies too.  I'll be checking out a few more.  Thanks!  

Edited by pmpknface