• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone explain this ComicConnect auction result Savage She-Hulk 1?

51 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, darkstar said:

depends on if you are trying to move one book or influence the entire market.  

On 10/6/2022 at 11:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I suspect that most modern shill bidding is done by 1 person with 2 accounts.

maybe it's the bots...

..when they look back at the AI uprising, they will see that it started with the comic book bots

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 10/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, Dr. Balls said:

That's a solid marketing tactic right there.

$2500 to "advertise" that a certain book tripled in value? If GPA is $700, that means the investment spread on the campaign is $1700. They would need to grade a measly 17 books simply on the Express fee (to which is realistic since people may want to get their 9.8s to market faster and can afford spending $100 because they'll make it up on margin) - let alone people just submitting it, who may not have bothered before because of the value spike. Writing it out this way makes me feel that they have to have been doing this in the past - it's actually a wise marketing move.

But once the show airs its last episode everything is coming back to Earth. We have like 8 or 9 shows and movies to point to in the last few years. Once She-Hulk is over just watch the GPA graph as the book goes down.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:20 PM, Kramerica said:

But once the show airs its last episode everything is coming back to Earth. We have like 8 or 9 shows and movies to point to in the last few years. Once She-Hulk is over just watch the GPA graph as the book goes down.

I dunno - I don’t think once a book gets launched into the stratosphere, it doesn’t come down to pre-hype levels. I remember when NYX #3 was a couple hundred bucks in 9.8 before Old Man Logan, it skyrocketed and has never come back down even with the lack of character development for X23. That’s just one example, sure - but once it bumps, it stays bumped. Maybe not crazy hype levels, but farther up that it was pre-show announcement.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 10/7/2022 at 4:05 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I dunno - I don’t think once a book gets launched into the stratosphere, it doesn’t come down to pre-hype levels. I remember when NYX #3 was a couple hundred bucks in 9.8 before Old Man Logan, it skyrocketed and has never come back down even with the lack of character development for X23. That’s just one example, sure - but once it bumps, it stays bumped. Maybe not crazy hype levels, but farther up that it was pre-show announcement.

That is true. It comes back to Earth but above where it was before. Moon Knight has done some drastic things though - the market was absolutely flooded and has stayed that way. We may see the same thing with She-Hulk. People have been pumping that book up for almost two years now.

On 10/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Kramerica said:

That has already happened. The GPA average for the book in 9.8 was $1190 for 2021. The 90 day average stands at $710. 

On 10/9/2022 at 7:50 PM, Tony S said:

That has already happened. The GPA average for the book in 9.8 was $1190 for 2021. The 90 day average stands at $710. 

For the collectors of this book here, as opposed to the speculative flippers, what was the GPA average for the book in 2020 and back in 2019?  hm

On 10/6/2022 at 12:50 PM, Ed Hanes said:

For shill bidding to work online, wouldn't you need at least two people to participate? so, it's a conspiracy?

I do bet if the feds wanted to spend their time on collectible auction crimes they very well could use RICO. If so bunch of OA dealers whould be most ripe for indictment.