• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you hungry for more Spidey? Milk required!
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 7:32 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've never tried other than sports event coca cola bottles, still have 90's cowboys coke, but don't you get rid of the cereal? And keep the box? I still have the cola in the bottles, so I don't blame you if not

How much do we have to raise for you to drink that old cola? 

Is there anyone here that actually keeps cereal boxes?  Do you get rid of the cereal? Flatten the box?   It's not something I would ever do as I personally consider it stale food but I know people collect this stuff.

How do they store it to preserve it? 

On 10/13/2022 at 3:51 AM, Buzzetta said:

Is there anyone here that actually keeps cereal boxes?  Do you get rid of the cereal? Flatten the box?   It's not something I would ever do as I personally consider it stale food but I know people collect this stuff.

How do they store it to preserve it? 

I asked the same a while ago, I don't think there is an answer. I'm not sure that I would keep it unless it was sealed, like a bottle of coke for special labeled bottles :cheers: 

Yes, there are definitely people who collect cereal boxes, and other food items and packaging. For instance, I've been a longtime fan and follower of Matt over at dinosaurdracula.com 

He used to have a site called x-entertainment, and then that morphed into DD. He also has the Youtube, Twitter, etc stuff. Anyway, he specializes in pop culture detritus, particularly snacks and stuff like that from the 80's and 90's. His site is well worth checking out, especially in the stretch between Halloween and Christmas.

Some folks will throw out the food and display boxes, some will puncture the bottom of cans to empty them and keep the container. Matt keeps the whole thing. Just a couple of days ago he posted his pic of all of the Halloween Whoppers he still has!

I used to collect some cereal boxes.Personally, i didn't want to keep the food, so I threw it out (or ate it at the time) and kept the boxes intact for display. Vintage cereal boxes can sell for crazy money, like hundreds of dollars, for folded up old cardboard. It's the same as any other thing that someone might be nostalgic about. If someone cared about something as a kid, you can bet that someone else is collecting it as an adult.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:51 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have a bottle of Coca-Cola that commemorates the 1997 Stanley Cup Champions. I'll open and drink it on-camera for $1,610,000 ZWL.

I actually have two old bottles of soda myself, one a sealed bottle of Big Red commemorating the Louisville Cardinals 1980 men's hoops championship, and the other a mini bottle of coke from their 1986 championship. They are still surprising brightly colored and fully liquid, I suppose because they are more or less airtight. I would have a hard time putting a price on my willingness to ingest them 40 years after the fact. It's...gonna be a high number.

I also have a sealed bottle of Makers from the 2013 championship, signed by the now-disgraced and fired head coach and AD. That one is probably worth more now if I open it, drink the bourbon, and throw the bottle away!

On 10/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have a bottle of Coca-Cola that commemorates the 1997 Stanley Cup Champions. I'll open and drink it on-camera for $1,610,000 ZWL.

Chug :cheers: chug! CHUG!  :cheers:

I wouldn't do that to another person, but hahah

On 10/13/2022 at 10:55 AM, F For Fake said:

I actually have two old bottles of soda myself, one a sealed bottle of Big Red commemorating the Louisville Cardinals 1980 men's hoops championship, and the other a mini bottle of coke from their 1986 championship. They are still surprising brightly colored and fully liquid, I suppose because they are more or less airtight. I would have a hard time putting a price on my willingness to ingest them 40 years after the fact. It's...gonna be a high number.

I also have a sealed bottle of Makers from the 2013 championship, signed by the now-disgraced and fired head coach and AD. That one is probably worth more now if I open it, drink the bourbon, and throw the bottle away!

Haha yours are older than mine, mine were '92, yours may still have sugar!