• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project: Marvel Value Stamp

165 posts in this topic

You might be able to get a "better" artist to ink over golem to make it look like golem. How hard could that be? $20 lol I could definately do better, and I draw like a chimp/elephant from the zoo.

Too bad, but the Morbius (being a favorite of mine) stands out as a bit odd. Still cool, just not the morbius I've grown to know.

Too bad, but the Morbius (being a favorite of mine) stands out as a bit odd. Still cool, just not the morbius I've grown to know.

That's the beauty (and horror) of this. It's the artist's choice what they draw but it's also their interpritation. It usually pays off -- Electro, Mole Man, Modok, Puppet Master -- all of the artists were really into it.

Very true, You have many gems in there.

I'll take a full size scan of the completed set upon completion...........

That would make a great coloring page for my son.....and me.

More additions from Dallas Comic Con and WWTx...

014 The Living Mully, Billy Tan

014_TheLivingMummy_BillyTan.jpg

021 Kull The Conqueror, J. Scott Campbell

021_Kull_JScottCampbell.jpg

027 Black Widow, Mike Grell

027_BlackWidow_MikeGrell.jpg

028 Hawkeye, Billy Tucci

028_Hawkeye_BillyTucci.jpg

029 Baron Mordo, Steve Erwin

029_BaronMordo_SteveErwin.jpg

043 The Enchantress, Ron Frenz

043_Enchantress_RonFrenz.jpg

055 Medusa, Kristian Donaldson

055_Medusa_KristianDonaldson.jpg

056 Rawhide Kid, Paul Gulacy

056_RawhideKid_PaulGulacy.jpg

079 Kang, Steve Rude

079_Kang_SteveRude.jpg

081 Rhino, Steve Epting

081_Rhino_SteveEpting.jpg

I have all of the stamps printed out in sequence (layed out to keep everything in it's proper place) that they usually use to pick who they want to draw. When someone picks one of the unknowns I break out the individual reference sheets. They come in really handy for some of the finer detail.

So what's the Tim Vigil story? shy.gif

It's really not that big of a deal. Vigil had done the Lilith for me but it was in soft pencil. In all of the transport and handling it got smudged so I had to erase it. Cliff offered to do the drawing and did it in such a way that you can't see the erasure marks that were originally there. See, not that much to it.

Very cool project.

By the way Stronguy, coming to the table and telling an artist what you want them to draw is far different than asking them to draw their choice. You will always get their better effort if they want to draw it. In retrospect, the puppet master looks awesome.

Wish I was at one of the conventions you ben to, i would love to add to your pages.

Artboy99

Sorry for the long delay in posting updates. I've only been to 1 con in the past 6 months so there's not much to report. I plan on hitting a couple of cons before the end of the year so I should have more.