• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project: Marvel Value Stamp

165 posts in this topic

one of the coolest things ever (thumbs u

Agreed. Getting Stan Lee to do the Invisible Girl is absolutely, positively brilliant.

Jeff, congrats on the completion of a labor of love and putting together something that transcends what you normally see in the "fan sketchbook" category!

(worship):applause: (thumbs u :headbang:

wha what? no wolvie? :o

This is vintage '70s suckage here; not that trendy fan-boy junk. Wolverine was barely a blip on the radar when these things came out. This was dedicated to real powerhouse characters like the Plunderer, Golem, Byraah; mainstream characters with real staying power.

wha what? no wolvie? :o

This is vintage '70s suckage here; not that trendy fan-boy junk. Wolverine was barely a blip on the radar when these things came out. This was dedicated to real powerhouse characters like the Plunderer, Golem, Byraah; mainstream characters with real staying power.

:lol: !

Awesome project! Congrats on finishing it!

Not sure what AH was going for on Hella. Cute but then again, not so much.

Yeah, that's kinda sad and it ruins the old school flow of the project.

When an artist is kind enough to do something for free, I don't ever complain. Boobs are part of AH!'s shtick--when you ask him to draw something, that's what you should expect.

When an artist is kind enough to do something for free, I don't ever complain. Boobs are part of AH!'s shtick--when you ask him to draw something, that's what you should expect.

could have been worse -- like just one boob

Turned out great IMO. Love how you can tell it's Hela by just that small section of her costume. Very clever.

Turned out great IMO. Love how you can tell it's Hela by just that small section of her costume. Very clever.

Actually, the first time I saw it, I thought he drew the torso of a female Black Bolt.

And I think there is/was one, right?

Hey, guys! Thanks for bumping this thread. :thumbsup:

After working on this for 5 years I was really burned out. Toting them all over the country several times and pitching the same story a couple hundred time to a couple hundred artists started blurring everything together.

The originals are in a portfolio sitting on the table behind me. After Borock go the Stan Lee sig for me I buried them. I haven't looked at them in a couple of years. It's good to re-read this thread -- it definitely reminds me of the fun it was getting them all.

I made good friends with several artists along the way and several of the contributors have since passed away. It's nice to have a small piece to remember them by.

I had further plans for them. Maybe it's time to start thinking about it again.

When an artist is kind enough to do something for free, I don't ever complain.

I don't think he got them all for free.

No, they weren't all free (but the AH! one was). When I started I don't think anyone charged for doing them. They loved the idea and just wanted to get in on it. After the first year word got out and people started asking for sketch cards. Artists quickly started charging $10-$20 for them. In the end I think have about $300 sunk into it. I have the artist, date, location and price written on the back of the originals.

The AH! is either a love-it or hate-it piece. Personally, I love it. It (like many of these) reflect a bit of the artist's personality.