• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project: Marvel Value Stamp

165 posts in this topic

Damn, Jeff! It's come a long way since I last saw it. It's turning out to be a killer piece. I agree, this is the best concept for convention sketches I've ever heard of. You rule! (worship)

You can thank Jeff for the "sketch card" craze that you see now at cons. (thumbs u

When I started this about 3 years ago most of the artists had not done anything like it aside from being part of a jam piece. No one charged and they all looked at me like I was nuts when I offered to pay.

Fast forward to the last year or so. "Oh yeah, a sketch card, I do those all the time. That's $20!" In fact one artist (who's name shall not be mentioned) offered to do the Warriors Three for a mere $100. meh

You can thank Jeff for the "sketch card" craze that you see now at cons. (thumbs u

When I started this about 3 years ago most of the artists had not done anything like it aside from being part of a jam piece. No one charged and they all looked at me like I was nuts when I offered to pay.

Fast forward to the last year or so. "Oh yeah, a sketch card, I do those all the time. That's $20!" In fact one artist (who's name shall not be mentioned) offered to do the Warriors Three for a mere $100. meh

Come on... I'll say who it is. You can be damn sure he doesn't come on here! :whistle:

Yeah -- I'm coming. There are only a few people there, who sketch, that I don't have. However, I only have 12 to go so I should be able to add some really primo pieces.

It's shaping up very nice, but I'm a bit surprised at some of the ones left, like Man-Wolf and Black Knight, but I think it's safe to assume that either Plunderer or Byrrah will be the last one. :insane:

Try to find decent reference on those two... sheesh!

In the beginning I though Puppet Master would be the last one... nothing exciting about him. But just look at what EVS did.

Time for an annual update.

Here are all of the individual ones I never posted plus the updates since last year.

#9 - Captain Marvel, Jim Starlin

009_CaptainMarvel_JimStarlin.jpg

#19 - Warriors Three, Mark Texeira

019_WarriorsThree_MarkTexeira.jpg

#23 - Sgt. Fury, Ayers

023_SgtFury_DickAyers.jpg

#25 - Human Torch Frank Cho

Frank and I got hung out at WWTx last year and he was embarrassed by the first one so he whited it out and redrew it.

025_HumanTorch_FrankCho.jpg025a_HumanTorch_FrankCho.jpg

#30 - Grey Gargoyle, Matt Wagner

030_GreyGargoyle_MattWagner.jpg

#39 - Iron Fist, Keith Pollard

039_IronFist_KeithPollard.jpg

#41 - The Gladiator, Joe Jusko

041_Gladiator_JoeJusko.jpg

#48 - Kraven, The Hunter, John Romita, Sr.

048_Kraven_JohnRomita.jpg

#49 - Odon, Ron Garney

049_Odin_RonGarney.jpg

#63 - Sub-Mariner, Alex Saviuk

063_SubMariner_AlexSaviuk.jpg

#64 - Sif, Walt Simonson

064_Sif_WaltSimonson.jpg

#65 - Iceman, Bob Layton

065_Iceman_BobLayton.jpg

#68 - Son Of Satan, Cat Staggs

068_SonOfSatan_CatStaggs.jpg

#91 - Hella, Adam Hughes

091_Hella_AdamHughes.jpg

#92 - Byrrah, Whilice Portacio

092_Byrrah_WhilicePortacio.jpg

#99 - Sandman Paul Smith

099_Sandman_PaulSmith.jpg

Here are the pages all together...

Page 1 -- Complete :banana:

MVS1.jpg

Page 2 - Remaining: #33 - Invisible Woman, #37 - The Watcher, #42 - Man-Wolf

MVS2.jpg

Page 3 - Remaining: #53 - The Grim Reaper, #62 - The Plunderer

MVS3.jpg

Page 4 - Remaining: #77 - The Swordsman, #78 - The Owl, #97 - The Black Knight

MVS4.jpg

Not sure what AH was going for on Hella. Cute but then again, not so much.

C'mon on. What else does Adam draw? He's got a great since of humor. I'm pleased.

(worship) (worship) I love it every time you show this and progress on it.

I hate to ask ... but what character is that next to the Mandarin on the right?

Why that's Arthur Suydam's $20 masterpiece, Golem. meh meh meh . Go back a few pages and it's discussed.