• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Action Comics 1 and 2

246 posts in this topic

But I thought there was only 1? (shrug) When did they find out there were two?

CC

Gary or Mark can chime in and correct me on this, but 3 are confirmed with the possibility of 4: These two that are CGC'ed; one in the permanent DC Archives; and I believe S has one in his collection. (confirmed?)

SDJ is correct.

Just out of curiosity what would a NM copy sell for? 100K?

CC

Based on the sale of the 9.0, a 9.4 would probably sell in the $75K range.

But I thought there was only 1? (shrug) When did they find out there were two?

CC

Gary or Mark can chime in and correct me on this, but 3 are confirmed with the possibility of 4: These two that are CGC'ed; one in the permanent DC Archives; and I believe S has one in his collection. (confirmed?)

SDJ is correct.

Just out of curiosity what would a NM copy sell for? 100K?

CC

Based on the sale of the 9.0, a 9.4 would probably sell in the $75K range.

(worship)

In the next few months Heritage will be offering two raw Double Action #2 books. One restored, one unrestored. This is one of the key books I want to include in my collection. Fortunately the fact that the books will not be offered for months allows time to conduct extensive research into the history of this book, and it certainly needs it!!!

There are a few prior threads that discussed this issue, but still more questions than answers abound. This thread probably contains the most information:

Double Action

I don't have the Guide in front of me but I saw that someone referenced that it indicates 7 copies exist. RareHighGrade, who owns a HG raw copy, noted that he knew of 11 copies. The CGC census has apparently remained unchanged for the last three or four years at 5 copies (unrestored 9.2, 9.0 and 3.0, and restored 5.5 and 0.5).

Some questions to start:

Who first "discovered" Double Action #2?

Can anyone trace the provenance of specific existing copies?

What is the known census of existing copies?

Who is known to currently or formerly own copies of the issue (I know Mark Wilson sold the CGC 9.2 copy)?

What prices have been paid over the years for the different copies?

:popcorn:

In light of the fantastic information in this other Double Action #2 Interior Pages Thread, I figured I would update this one and indicate that I did purchase the restored DA #2 through that Heritage auction.

DA2.jpg