• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Action Comics 1 and 2

246 posts in this topic

Such a cool book! Nice to see that the restoration is all structural in nature. (thumbs u

So any guesses as to how much this will go for? hm

Jeff

neat, might have to consider this one (shrug)

How much did that sell for?

The Double Action Comics #2 CGC certified 9.2 sold for $68,000 and was reported in the key comic sales list for 2005 in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #36.

Such a cool book! Nice to see that the restoration is all structural in nature. (thumbs u

Jeff

However much I can pay!!! :gossip::)

You guys will have to get past me!!! :makepoint:;)

I would think this would push close to $40K, or am I way off?...I don't know the DA market, but there are just a handful, right (shrug) , and I am sure the slight won't deter bidders, when only a few of something exist?

rick

Jeff

However much I can pay!!! :gossip::)

You guys will have to get past me!!! :makepoint:;)

Just don't bloody me up too much on your way to victory :sorry:

I would think this would push close to $40K, or am I way off?...I don't know the DA market, but there are just a handful, right (shrug), and I am sure the slight won't deter bidders, when only a few of something exist?

rick

But with another unrestored copy coming up for auction shortly after this one, might have the big boys waiting for that copy. (shrug)

I would think this would push close to $40K, or am I way off?...I don't know the DA market, but there are just a handful, right (shrug), and I am sure the slight won't deter bidders, when only a few of something exist?

rick

So a 9.2 for $68K, but $40K for a 5.5 restored? hm

One book that was on the market a few years ago appeared to have have had its original cover replaced with a high grade cover sheet. I saw the book and it was apparent that the cover had been added because it did not fit the book properly.

I heard about this Frankenbook from another collector, but I did not see it. I presume you are referring to Metropolis, whom I was told was trying to peddle it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Have we confirmed that every copy has the exact same interior pages?

In view of the above, this should be a serious concern for any interested parties

It appears we now know what happened to the second loose cover that came from Sol.

There is a concern that this is what happened, but I don't believe we can conclude this as a fact yet.

Perhaps Stephen Fishler of Metropolis would care to grace us with his presence in order to comment about his loose cover purchase, and how he then allegedly ended up peddling a married Frankenbook copy of DA 2. hm

Stephen, come out ...come out ...wherever you are ...

One book that was on the market a few years ago appeared to have have had its original cover replaced with a high grade cover sheet. I saw the book and it was apparent that the cover had been added because it did not fit the book properly.

I heard about this Frankenbook from another collector, but I did not see it. I presume you are referring to Metropolis, whom I was told was trying to peddle it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Have we confirmed that every copy has the exact same interior pages?

In view of the above, this should be a serious concern for any interested parties

It appears we now know what happened to the second loose cover that came from Sol.

There is a concern that this is what happened, but I don't believe we can conclude this as a fact yet.

Perhaps Stephen Fishler of Metropolis would care to grace us with his presence in order to comment about his loose cover purchase, and how he then allegedly ended up peddling a married Frankenbook copy of DA 2. hm

Stephen, come out ...come out ...wherever you are ...

Excellent question Greed Carey,

I sold the book about 13 years ago to a collector who was told that the book was married and had a DC file copy cover.

Steve

rick

So a 9.2 for $68K, but $40K for a 5.5 restored? hm

well, the resto is slight, and folks that really want a copy, are probably not grade conscious, as there are only 2 or 3?? that exist (again, I am supposizing here)...so, to me, this becomes an opportunity, versus a comparative example (sure, if 50 copies existed, no way a 5.5 slight would be 70% of a 9.2 blue, but apples to apples and all that)...

then again, I could by WAY off... I was just thinking if I wanted a copy, and knew I would likely never realistically expect to have too many more chances, $40K is not unrealistic (to me)

rick

as there are only 2 or 3?? that exist

At least 7 to 11 copies are out there, which is a pretty big difference.

hm that I did not know (again, I don't follow the double action market)...

that said, I would lower my estimate to about 1/2...maybe $20k? given that there are 4x the number of copies out there than I thought...always good to arm yourself with info, in situation like these, and I am always thankful to the many that are more knowledgable than myself, for lending that info!

gator

I have seen at least 8 copies. I really don't understand what the big deal is about this book. When you compare Double Action #2 to books of actual significance such as New Fun Comics #1 & 6, there no comparison.

S

I agree. It's kind of a dud book to me. Reprint cover, reprint interior, was it even sold on newsstands?

It's not even the first issue... :baiting:

Green Giant 1 has more appeal to me, although not enough to justify it's price. MPFW has some historical significance, and original cover/interior.

Can someone give me a good reason this book should go for the prices people are throwing around here?

I have seen at least 8 copies. I really don't understand what the big deal is about this book. When you compare Double Action #2 to books of actual significance such as New Fun Comics #1 & 6, there no comparison.

S

I agree. It's kind of a dud book to me. Reprint cover, reprint interior, was it even sold on newsstands?

It's not even the first issue... :baiting:

Green Giant 1 has more appeal to me, although not enough to justify it's price. MPFW has some historical significance, and original cover/interior.

Can someone give me a good reason this book should go for the prices people are throwing around here?

Greed.

Just picked up a sweet copy of marvel TRIPLE ACTION #2. I need to get at least 150K for it.

S