• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So - who will be in the next 'Avengers' roster in the MCU?

22 posts in this topic

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on who will be the next 'Avengers' when the group gets recast.

The age of the actors certainly will play a part.

So - dead - Iron Man, Black widow and The Vision. Retired Steve Rogers. Hawkeye has gone rogue.

Possibly only Chris Hemsworth can stay as Thor - possibly Mark Ruffalo as Hulk is mostly CGI. 

(Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily have aged too much to be in a probable 5 year minimum movie franchise)

Dr Strange is a peripheral figure with his own franchise of Movies so probably not him.

Wong is now sorcerer supreme - but have we seen too much of Wong (and Scarlet Witch too)?

Hailee Steinfeld nailed it as Kate Bishop so she would have to be in.

Cassie Lang suits up in Quantumania - so she has to be in .

Sam Wilson will be Captain america

Beyond that - no clue.

One of the Miss Marvels?  Danvers is too powerful, Kamala Khan is too young - especially to go with Bishop and Lang. The Avengers become the spice-girls!

She-Hulk maybe - but Tatiana Maslany is already 37 - not sure she is the right age for a minimum 5 year deal.

Wong or Scarlet Witch - but Wanda will need a major changeover to fill the role and Wong - well, I'm Wonged-out tbh.

Kit Harrington as The Black Knight is young enough - but whilst OK as Jon Snow, he stank as Dane Whitman - but age is on his side - as well as another 2 movies he is contracted to.

After that - I have no clue. Surely not Moon Knight or Werewolf by Night, so who rounds out 'The Avengers' going forward?

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop - Hailee Steinfeld)

Ant-Girl / Stinger / Stature (Cassie Lang - Kathryn Newton)

Black Knight (Dane Whitman)

Thor (Chris Hemsworth) - between GOTG gigs.

Captain America (Sam Wilson - Anthony Mackie)

If I had to guess - Charlie Cox as daredevil - and that will be it.

Hawkeye, Ant-Girl,Black Knight,Thor,Captain America and Daredevil - my new Avengers.

Your team-up guys and gals?

Batman, Supes, WW, Flash and Aquaman (thumbsu

JK! Aren't they planning young Avengers now?

I'll play. Current roster appearing in other movies and/or referenced:

Thor

Sam Wilson 

Hulk

War Machine

Hawkeye

Dr. Strange

Avengers next roster in their own movie will be:

New Black Panther

Photon

Black Knight

USAgent - Sam Wilson replacement

She Hulk - Hulk replacement

Hercules - Thor replacement

Simon Williams - if the rumors are true and given the history with the next two.

*Scarlet witch - Her story isn't finished

*Vision - His story isn't finished

*possible members or just addressed in the Wonder Man show.

Way down the line ~ 10 years or so, the Young Avengers roster takes over.

Iron Heart

Kate Bishop

Cassie Lang

Wiccan

Speed

Patriot

Ms. Marvel

Skaar

hmmm, I'll play!

Danvers Captain Marvel

Sersi

Black Knight

Namor

Ant-Man

new Black Panther

Sam Captain America

I do see a Young Avengers movie taking the younger characters on their own adventure. I don't expect it, but Winter Soldier in the weary teacher trying to make amends role Magneto played with New Mutants would be groovy.

Edited by Bird

Looking at those options and it doesn’t make me think it’s going to be a ‘must see’ Avengers film like the first few were.

But who knows, maybe the new generation of MCU fans will still love it and want to see the Young Avengers on screen. My comic book time on Avengers was pre the young stuff, so it doesn’t appeal to me in the same way at all. 

On 10/27/2022 at 11:27 AM, Bird said:

nah, gotta fight them first...then team up

I'm ok with that too.

I mean, at this rate - we're going to see NFL Superpro and Turner D. Century on the Avengers before we get X-Men.

On 10/27/2022 at 1:32 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm ok with that too.

I mean, at this rate - we're going to see NFL Superpro and Turner D. Century on the Avengers before we get X-Men.

yeah, I guess mutants may be on my roster above (Namor?, never sure what he is) but I did mean X-Men as well

I was saying to wifey the other day, when they bring in the X-Men I hope we get young Rogue who then ends Carol Danvers' time on screen and becomes the powerhouse Rogue I want to see, not the one walking on the Earth but the one flying in the sky sugah! It would be a great way for Brie Larson to move on in a few years and works perfect with the comics source material.

You know what sucks? Before DS2, I was super-excited for Doctor Strange to be a big player in the next Avengers movies. (Yeah, he was big in the last 2, but still overshadowed by Stark/Cap/Thor/Hulk.) Now? I don't even really care about his character because of how poorly he was written in the latest outing.

Are there any characters left that I would be excited to see again? Spider-Man is the only one who immediately comes to mind.

• Thor? Nope.
  • Hulk? Nope.
  • Hawkeye? Nope.
  • Falcon? Nope.
  • The Winter Soldier? Maybe, but the writing for his character semi-sucked in the D+ show.
  • War Machine? Hel no.
  • Albino Vision? Nope.
  • Black Panther? Maybe, but Boseman's T'Challa was my huge draw. Didn't really care much at all for any supporting characters that may earn the title.
  • Ant-Man? Probably, but the first trailer for Quantumania wasn't that interesting to me.
  • The Wasp? See above.
  • The Marvels? Nope.
  • Shang-Chi? Maybe, as his movie was about as mediocre as you can get, but I generally liked Liu's performance.
  • The Eternals? :roflmao:

There, I bold-typed the 5 characters that haven't been written into development boredom.

Nova
Thor
Namor
Invisible Girl
Joe Mama
Capt Marvel
M'Baku
Nebula
Some rando in an Iron Man armor.
Cap (nee Falcon)
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
She-Hulk
Madisynn

Not basing any of above in reality or feasibility, they are simply my choices.

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You know what sucks? Before DS2, I was super-excited for Doctor Strange to be a big player in the next Avengers movies. (Yeah, he was big in the last 2, but still overshadowed by Stark/Cap/Thor/Hulk.) Now? I don't even really care about his character because of how poorly he was written in the latest outing.

Are there any characters left that I would be excited to see again? Spider-Man is the only one who immediately comes to mind.

• Thor? Nope.
  • Hulk? Nope.
  • Hawkeye? Nope.
  • Falcon? Nope.
  • The Winter Soldier? Maybe, but the writing for his character semi-sucked in the D+ show.
  • War Machine? Hel no.
  • Albino Vision? Nope.
  • Black Panther? Maybe, but Boseman's T'Challa was my huge draw. Didn't really care much at all for any supporting characters that may earn the title.
  • Ant-Man? Probably, but the first trailer for Quantumania wasn't that interesting to me.
  • The Wasp? See above.
  • The Marvels? Nope.
  • Shang-Chi? Maybe, as his movie was about as mediocre as you can get, but I generally liked Liu's performance.
  • The Eternals? :roflmao:

There, I bold-typed the 5 characters that haven't been written into development boredom.

But what about Carol Danvers?

There was a boardie here who *swore* she'd be leading the Avengers after Tony Stark's death. :roflmao:

Frankly, I'd be down with a West Coast Avengers off-shoot with the b-list characters -- I mean, that's what it was really. Let's have Hawkeye lead a team of b-listers. And - it worked! For the first 50 issues or so that title was fun as hell.

On 10/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, Bird said:

yeah, I guess mutants may be on my roster above (Namor?, never sure what he is) but I did mean X-Men as well

I was saying to wifey the other day, when they bring in the X-Men I hope we get young Rogue who then ends Carol Danvers' time on screen and becomes the powerhouse Rogue I want to see, not the one walking on the Earth but the one flying in the sky sugah! It would be a great way for Brie Larson to move on in a few years and works perfect with the comics source material.

I always felt Rogue - probably my favorite girl character on the X-Men - was underrated. She had such a great story going from innocent villain to hero, learning how to gain the X-Men’s trust, taking Danvers powers, trying to reconcile what she did, etc. she was always well-written in that sense. I stopped reading around 1996 so I haven’t followed since, but I would love to see her on screen as a more true-to-comics character.

On 10/27/2022 at 2:16 PM, Gatsby77 said:

But what about Carol Danvers?

There was a boardie here who *swore* she'd be leading the Avengers after Tony Stark's death. :roflmao:

Frankly, I'd be down with a West Coast Avengers off-shoot with the b-list characters -- I mean, that's what it was really. Let's have Hawkeye lead a team of b-listers. And - it worked! For the first 50 issues or so that title was fun as hell.

I put her in with The Marvels, 'cause none of them are interesting to me (Ms. Marvel had great production value in Episode 1, though).