• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 2
9 9

143 posts in this topic

I considered 7.5 on the Captain Marvel, but went with 8.0 anyway.

I called the NM 98 an 8.5 as well.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I missed by the most on captain marvel,  I though it was vf sure, but vfbm maybe, gave it 9.0. :sorry:

I missed the possible bends

Same, that was a killer for me.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:10 PM, universal soldier said:

1 bullseye, under-graded both the BB and the NM by one grade so not bad. Swing and a miss on the Captain Marvel, didn't see all the other defects other than the stain (shrug), will have to give that one another look. I think 7 points for me this round :facepalm:

I agree on the Captain Marvel.

You must need a 50 inch screen to see these:

Light, multiple crease left top of back cover

Light crease left center of back cover

I went back and I still don't see them.

• Administrator
On 11/4/2022 at 8:39 PM, JustJimN said:

I agree on the Captain Marvel.

You must need a 50 inch screen to see these:

Light, multiple crease left top of back cover

Light crease left center of back cover

I went back and I still don't see them.

If I click on it 4 times with a pause between each click, the image is twice the size of my screen.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:49 PM, CGC Mike said:

If I click on it 4 times with a pause between each click, the image is twice the size of my screen.

Mike,

thanks for the feedback. On my laptop the largest image I can get is with 3 clicks. the 4th one brings it back to regular size. The 3 click size doesn't show the flaws. I'll search around and see if I need to hold down another key or do something else to get a larger image.

On 11/4/2022 at 7:22 PM, sledgehammer said:

I considered 7.5 on the Captain Marvel, but went with 8.0 anyway.

I called the NM 98 an 8.5 as well.

Me too on the NM (I ended up guessing 8.0 - in my PM to Mike I made my first comment - "Tough call on the NM98, want to say 8.5, but can't get past that dog ear. ")

And me too on the CM, my gut said 7.5 and ended up at 8.5 because those spots on back might've been foxing and not staining.  The rest were 'normal' defects.

UGH! I scored another 8 or 9 points!

My grades what I thought they should be graded :roflmao:          What I guessed CGC would grade them:roflmao:         Actual CGC grade

Exciting 3.5                                                                              4.0                                                                              2.5

B&B 4.5                                                                                    5.5                                                                              5.0

Cap Marvel 7.5                                                                         9.0                                                                              7.5

LL 5.5                                                                                       6.0                                                                               6.5

NM 8.0                                                                                      9.0                                                                               9.2