• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 2
9 9

143 posts in this topic

I maintain that staining along the top edge of the Captain Marvel #1 is evident on both the front cover (as patches of lightening of the indigo blue background) and back cover (as yellowing).  Was the front cover manifestation of this staining just not noted?  Was it missed altogether?  Am I seeing something that's not really there?  (shrug)

08d.thumb.jpg.9cf1757b948f70b5896f17df3698f45a.jpg

08d2.thumb.jpg.74274cdefa66e1b7edb3ca48d217ca18.jpg

On 11/5/2022 at 8:01 AM, zzutak said:

I maintain that staining along the top edge of the Captain Marvel #1 is evident on both the front cover (as patches of lightening of the indigo blue background) and back cover (as yellowing).  Was the front cover manifestation of this staining just not noted?  Was it missed altogether?  Am I seeing something that's not really there?  (shrug)

To me, the front cover looks like it might have been printed that way.

What had me curious about the book is something that didn't show up in the notes.  The top staple looks like it might be pulled, from the scan.  (shrug)  (shrug)

Edited by namisgr

As expected, got hammered that round. Was way too hard on BB and Lois. I also had the NM98 at 8.5. Oh well, I’ve got a little cushion from the first round, but I’d guess this lands me in the middle of the pack over all.

On 11/5/2022 at 5:01 AM, zzutak said:

It looks almost like a light impact along the top left of the book.  With the front and back images pulled up side by side, you can see there's something bad going on there.

On 11/5/2022 at 7:01 AM, zzutak said:

I saw it

On 11/5/2022 at 1:34 AM, kav said:

i'm out.  worst showing for me so far.

Lol did u grade on your phone like I did haha 

• Administrator
On 11/5/2022 at 5:10 PM, makeminemarvel said:

I did a lot better in this round than #1. The LL killed me though, had it at 5.0. This is my first time doing this and I am enjoying it very much. Thanks Mike!  

I am glad to hear that you are having a good time.  Also, even though I don't respond to all of the kind comments I get in the PM's, I would like to thank everyone for posting them.  Much appreciated.  :smile:  I enjoy hosting these contests.  

On 11/5/2022 at 6:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am glad to hear that you are having a good time.  Also, even though I don't respond to all of the kind comments I get in the PM's, I would like to thank everyone for posting them.  Much appreciated.  :smile:  I enjoy hosting these contests.  

Most excellent job at it.