• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hugh Jackman Signature Dilema

8 posts in this topic

So getting a signature from Hugh Jackman and on the fence on which of these I should get. I realize personal choice, but still deciding to see what the greater community thinks:

Wolverine #1 Limited Frank Miller 1982 CGC 7.5

or

Wolverine #1 (4TH SERIES) MARVEL 2013 CGC 9.8 already signed by Stan Lee

or

Hulk #180  non-CGC graded company that starts with "P" 2.5 (will have cracked and done by CGC)

or

Van Helsing #1 not graded, but IMO near mint, 9.6+

Thanks!

Me personally I would not take the chance on cracking the slab for the Stan Lee signed 9.8 and the Hulk 180 isn't going to really go up in value exponentially w/ a Hugh Jackman signature (especially with that low of a grade.) Just be wary, though, these celebrity signings by CGC are not guaranteed to happen within their scheduled dates. I have a books for the Gal Gadot and Florence Pugh signings being held there for over a year now.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:25 PM, merlinflex said:

yepper, I do, a Van Helsing #1 and a X-MEN The Movie Wolverine cover Prequel # 1 (2000).  both are 9.6 - 9.8

For my own collection, I'd be more likely to buy a celebrity signed book that has their image on it rather than an older book that they had nothing to do with.  Better yet would be that CGC starts grading DVD's and Blurays so that I can get a signature on my movie sleeve and be graded!!

I would get the LIMITED series Wolverine #1 signed.

Getting an ACTOR signature isn't always a value increasing proposition - but it definitely makes a cool display item.  

(same logic applied to the Wolverine #1 (2013))