• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 3
7 7

117 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2022 at 12:31 PM, Point Five said:

That Swamp Thing!  :whatthe:

If you sell me a raw 7.5 with a gash out of the back like that, you may as well include a return shipping label.  :gossip:

I thought that might have been a printing problem, with the paper tearing where it was grabbed to be pulled through the press or assembly step. I discounted it because of that and gave the book an 8.0 otherwise. Close but - as :censored: usual - no cigar.

On 11/8/2022 at 7:07 PM, g-man said:

2 bullseyes….much better this round. Can’t believe the capt flight grade. Had it lower w the rusted staples, etc. 

And the soiling. My worst book so far - called it a 4.0 and got 3 points, ouch.  Got a bullseye at least, and six point total, not great, not awful.

Near the bottom of the list but grading on laptop compared to phone on round 1 definitely helped lol… think I did much better this round but I’ve been out of the running for the top 10 for a bit lol but will still continue as it’s great to test and brush up on my grading skills!!! 

ps which are definitely rusty… not buying books except for a few moderns for two years in the pandemic really makes u Rusty lol 

On 11/9/2022 at 7:05 PM, zzutak said:

When CGC's grading confounds even @Squirrel Guy (the breakaway winner of Grading Contest #1), you know the bulls-eye count for this round will be somewhere south of the basement.  lol

GC-1.png.fe8809b0c80a63d6f04d894506ae68fa.png

All this proves is that at best, grading is a c**p shoot (unless 1 guy who is AMAZING, grades EVERYTHING)...

Edited by Every Day A Story
More terrible ideas™