• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 2 Results
2 2

25 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2022 at 8:41 PM, zzutak said:
  • Book #7 (Brave and Bold #28):  The toughest book for the Board as a whole, with only 5% of the contestants at the same grade as CGC:boo:

:blush:

On 11/5/2022 at 9:41 PM, zzutak said:

Book #7 (Brave and Bold #28):  The toughest book for the Board as a whole, with only 5% of the contestants at the same grade as CGC and only 46% within one grade increment of CGC.  Collectively, the Board was about 1.5 grade increments more critical than CGC (4.3 vs 5.0).  To my old eyes, the various chips, tears, and color-breaks were consistent with those of "the average used comic book from this era" (that is, a 4.0 VG). 

Yep, every word of this. Beyond the chips and tears, a worn-looking book, with the staple areas quite rough. I spent time debating between 4.0 (which is what I thought it was) and 4.5 (which is what I figured CGC thought it was). Bringing it in at 5.0 must have taken some particularly brave and bold graders. 

On 11/6/2022 at 1:40 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

what drugs are you using and where can I get some?

Klytus grabbed some pills for me out in the Sea of Mystery.

:Rocket: