• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Grading
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Good day all,

I submitted 20 comic books to be graded under the standard modern submission online form.  How long does it actually take someone from CGC to pull your submissions from their warehouse?  Mine was received on Delivered on Oct 21st and CGC's site says it was picked up on Oct 25th and stored into their warehouse!  Does the 20 day turnaround started on the 21st?  25th?  Or not UNTIL its pulled from CGC's warehouse now?  And anyone actually know how long that might be???  When I check my submissions they have no record of it besides being started just stored on Oct 25th at the warehouse.  Today is Nov 5th which is 11 days that my books have been in their possession from the 25th and 15 days from the 21st.

Thanks Dave

2-5 weeks after they arrive is when the boxes are opened.  Maybe faster with higher tiers

the clock doesn’t start til they open box and put book into system 

best not to think about it too much.

good luck

Mrs. Tux,

Yes I see they say the turnaround time is 20 working days.

But they DON'T say how long does it takes them to pick it up from their warehouse is what I meant!  :jawdrop:   I was curious on how long they leave it at their warehouse???  Before they start working on our submissions?

On 11/5/2022 at 10:47 PM, revat said:

2-5 weeks after they arrive is when the boxes are opened.  Maybe faster with higher tiers

the clock doesn’t start til they open box and put book into system 

best not to think about it too much.

good luck

That's not what I heard...

@Jennifer F. - "Yes, the turnaround time does start when the package is received..."

@MattM CS - "Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today."

On 11/10/2022 at 10:56 AM, Gaard said:

That's not what I heard...

@Jennifer F. - "Yes, the turnaround time does start when the package is received..."

@MattM CS - "Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today."

Sounds good to me, doesn’t seem like the common experience of most folks, but to some extent it may depend on when those statements were made, the specific intended definition of some of the words in those statements. 

maybe they’ve updated their policies.  

for who want the most updated official answers, always encouraged to contact Cgc directly 

Hi @MattM CS,

I e-mailed CGC and Dean M. e-mailed me back said he was going to start a investigation as to why my submission wasn't started already?  I followed up with another inquiry and Matthew M. e-mailed me said that CGC was starting to work on the submissions they received that week.  I sent my package in with a tracking # which states it was received on Oct 21st.  Dean M. stated it was received on Oct 25th and stored in their 'WAREHOUSE".  Today marks the 14th working day from the 21st and the 12th working day from the 25th.  So we will see!  Will update everyone with results.  I just think CGC should state that somewhere in their submissions that your package might sit for a unk time in their warehouse?

It is still under the 20 days turnaround time but just curious about the 'warehouse"

• Administrator

Hello All,

I just wanted to give everyone an update on this. Right now our receiving department is behind the regular timeframe to open packages. This is because of a few factors: New York Comic Con, Baltimore Comic Con, and the Todd McFarlane signing. Each of these events received a large number of submissions. Because of this, our team is behind on the regular opening time frame of packages. The turnaround time on our site is based on the times to complete a submission. This is from the time it is opened and received into the system, until it is completed and shipped out the door. 

As for In House Signings, the turnaround time does not begin until after the signing has taken place. We do not make these dates public until after the event because the date of the signing could change as we have to work around the signees schedule. 

Until Packages have been opened and received into the system, they are stored in our warehouse secured with that specific days mail. We do have Walkthrough, Express, and Private Signing packages to be pulled upon delivery, and delivered to their respective receiving locations. This is why we have customers mark the outside of their packages as such. Please note, In house signings are not received on the submission tracking pages in the order they were delivered. These submissions are received based on when they were delivered to our office AND when the private signings occur. This allows us to give priority to packages for signings whose cut-off dates have passed but were delivered prior to the cut-off.

As always, you can confirm we have your package on the page HERE with your tracking number. Rest assured as long as your package has been delivered and scanned into our office it is waiting to be processed. 

If you have any specific questions about your submission, please send us an email at submissions@cgccomics.com. 

How do I find my tracking number please? I'm trying to write a comic book, but it's complicated. My "sunshine" is free essays about my favorite English epic poem "Beowulf". I read a lot about loyalty and heroism on https://samploon.com/free-essays/beowulf/ because these human values are my motivation and inspiration. So the source helps me get some writing ideas, but I still have a lot of work to do.

Edited by NormanEdwards

On 11/26/2022 at 9:54 AM, NormanEdwards said:

How to find out my tracking number please?

The tracking number is the shipment tracking number of whatever carrier you used to ship your package to CGC.  The carrier could be FedEx, UPS, USPS, or potentially someone else.  If you created the order and opted for the FedEx shipping arrangement via CGC, the label would be in the e-mail generated when your order was completed.

If you submitted your comics at a convention, then there would be no tracking number.