• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting new Clayton Crain cover
2 2

56 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2022 at 3:00 PM, Mystafo said:

Man people will film some crazy stuff and just post that ish online lol.  I can just imagine me trying to film myself after something like this...talk about nsfw.  You'd maybe see me have an aneurysm.

lol!

right? I mean, come on, I just couldn't find myself to do this either.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, ygogolak said:

I didn't watch this, nor do I intend to. Both parties have become less desirable.

I was just questioning it because when the BF owner first mentioned it in a video he was also asking people to buy more comics from him. Which seemed odd.

well, I only posted it because I don't intend to post about rumours, and this was just the clear evidence of my claim.

but yeah, the whole idea is this guy wants sympathy, and, I mean, sure, but it's the internet, who really cares about anyone on the internet? I don't know what he was hoping to achieve.
That being said though, it did highlight how brutal Crain is

On 11/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, D2 said:

but yeah, the whole idea is this guy wants sympathy, and, I mean, sure, but it's the internet, who really cares about anyone on the internet? I don't know what he was hoping to achieve.

That being said though, it did highlight how brutal Crain is

I think in the big C2Whatever thread, a lot of people felt sympathy for the guy (rightly so) when that video came out. Obviously, he was hurting in a big way, and hopefully he surrounded himself with friends and family to help get him through. Now, a few months later, keeping that posted seems like it could turn into the typical internet fodder of having a bit of fun about it. If I had made a video like that in a moment of weakness, I'd hope I'd have enough clarity to remove it once things settled down. The internet is mean - no reason to leave that up for continued discussion.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:21 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think in the big C2Whatever thread, a lot of people felt sympathy for the guy (rightly so) when that video came out. Obviously, he was hurting in a big way, and hopefully he surrounded himself with friends and family to help get him through. Now, a few months later, keeping that posted seems like it could turn into the typical internet fodder of having a bit of fun about it. If I had made a video like that in a moment of weakness, I'd hope I'd have enough clarity to remove it once things settled down. The internet is mean - no reason to leave that up for continued discussion.

That’s a solid, solid point. 

I can’t blame him for making a video, having my life shattered. I get it. I could see that happening for anyone. 

But exactly it, I’d want that removed. 

To your point, a lot of people don’t have the insight to think of that. 

I just hope that 1. My life doesn’t explode like that guy’s did and 2. Heaven forbid if it ever did, I’d bury my head in the sand instead like the good ol’ days. 

On 11/13/2022 at 6:37 AM, Cat said:

If nothing else this must have been cathartic for Crain to draw. 

It's reminiscent of the writer who mocked Young Justice fans in the Dark Crisis event, just poor taste all-around. It's like they were never taught, "write out the nasty email, then delete it". They sent the email, instead.

On 11/15/2022 at 10:31 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's reminiscent of the writer who mocked Young Justice fans in the Dark Crisis event, just poor taste all-around. It's like they were never taught, "write out the nasty email, then delete it". They sent the email, instead.

Oh I missed this, what's the story here? 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:09 AM, Cat said:

Oh I missed this, what's the story here? 

Keep in mind that this is observational on my end. I'm not a "Young Justice fan", this is simply a compilation of information that I read over the past few months. I also have not read Dark Crisis (yet), but I have seen the relevant panels.

Young Justice fans have generally been critical of the way DC has handled the characters over the past few years. In Dark Crisis, the writer introduced a villain that keeps all of the YJ character in "stasis", so that they cannot change/evolve. My understanding is that she (the writer) is one of the people who was writing the criticized Young Justice run. It just reeks of narcissism and poor judgment.

On 11/15/2022 at 10:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Keep in mind that this is observational on my end. I'm not a "Young Justice fan", this is simply a compilation of information that I read over the past few months. I also have not read Dark Crisis (yet), but I have seen the relevant panels.

Young Justice fans have generally been critical of the way DC has handled the characters over the past few years. In Dark Crisis, the writer introduced a villain that keeps all of the YJ character in "stasis", so that they cannot change/evolve. My understanding is that she (the writer) is one of the people who was writing the criticized Young Justice run. It just reeks of narcissism and poor judgment.

Here's just one panel, but it's fairly representative.  The issue went on and on for several pages about how comics used to be better, and how fan favorite characters are replaced or altered to be other races, genders, orientations, or whatever.  Except this message is being delivered by the deranged son of Mr. Mxyztlpx (or whatever) and is the basis for the conflict, so by implication whoever agrees with this sentiment is siding with the villain.  

Dark Crisis: Young Justice #5 review | Batman News

On 11/16/2022 at 1:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Ah okay, that's interesting. 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:28 AM, wardevil0 said:

Here's just one panel, but it's fairly representative.  The issue went on and on for several pages about how comics used to be better, and how fan favorite characters are replaced or altered to be other races, genders, orientations, or whatever.  Except this message is being delivered by the deranged son of Mr. Mxyztlpx (or whatever) and is the basis for the conflict, so by implication whoever agrees with this sentiment is siding with the villain.  

Now I want to read it

On 11/16/2022 at 1:28 AM, wardevil0 said:

Why is Alan Scott there? What'd he do?! Now I'm mad. 

On 11/15/2022 at 6:57 PM, Cat said:

Why is Alan Scott there? What'd he do?! Now I'm mad. 

I'm not sure; I think because they retroactively made him gay? All the characters sampled there are either race-swapped, gender-swapped, or sexual-orientation-swapped derivatives of the characters as originally introduced (or so the argument goes, not that there's anything wrong with that).

On 11/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, wardevil0 said:

I'm not sure; I think because they retroactively made him gay? All the characters sampled there are either race-swapped, gender-swapped, or sexual-orientation-swapped derivatives of the characters as originally introduced (or so the argument goes, not that there's anything wrong with that).

So far only his New 52 version is gay, isn't he? Not that it matters, either way, just that they've got an interesting story to explore in the regular universe because of his kids, and wife, and probably few if any of his friends knowing, and I'd love to see that explored. 

On 11/15/2022 at 5:31 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

write out the nasty email, then delete it

One of modern humanity's best tips to a smooth life. I wish I'd learned it earlier in life, but I'm thankful I'd learned it at all.