• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Universe live movies, TV, animation, gaming roadmap
4 4

286 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2023 at 4:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

I have concerns with his DC roadmap and handling of previous projects. But this was a solid takedown.

As usual, by responding with such emotional conviction, Gunn is proving that he spends way too much time on the internet.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:24 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

As usual, by responding with such emotional conviction, Gunn is proving that he spends way too much time on the internet.

I do agree he does spend too much time responding to these clarification requests.

In this case, the supposed news source quoted him, like daring he dispute the content they were providing.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:10 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

I think that would be a good casting.  Have to overlook his role on Peacemaker though.

Yeah, he was not great on the show.

Candice McDonough has been appointed to the newly created role of executive VP of publicity and communications for DC Studios.

In the new position, she will oversee media relations, publicity, as well as external and employee communications. McDonough is moving from parent company Warner Bros. Film Group, where she led communication for more than five years. She will report to DC Studios co-chairmen and CEOs James Gunn and Peter Safran.

“Candice is not only one of the smartest communications strategists out there, but we also know firsthand that she has a unique knack for partnering with creative talent to ensure their work is presented in the strongest and most compelling way,” Gunn and Safran said in a statement. “We could not be more excited to welcome Candice to DC and our senior team.”

Suicide Squad Director Shares "Easy Fix" For DC's Disastrous Box Office Run

IN a post on X, Ayer responded to a question by The Hollywood Reporter asking “Where have all the DC fans gone?”, to which he replied:

“Easy solve. Let film makers have their vision. Don’t operate from fear. Be daring. Look at what worked. Don’t chase the market. DC has always had the best characters in publishing. Dark intense and thoughtful is the brand.”

On 8/29/2023 at 11:00 AM, eastriver400 said:

He is right.  Of course filmmakers should be allowed to have their vision. However what's so wrong with also having a coherent unified universe?  I believe this is ultimately the goal. 

I think blending 'good superhero movie' with 'coherent unified universe' as mandated requirements can lead to some of what has led to the erosion of strong standalone movies.

The former should be the primary creative driver compared to the latter. Though getting both effectively would be nice (when worldbuilding makes sense).

Gunn doesn't know what he's doing. He tampered with The Flash and ruined it for many(I still really liked, but when I see what he did to the ending, it's maddening). He announces that his Superman movie will be filled with other superheroes in the very first film. He hates Tim Burton and the 1989 Batman and also disses Nolan and The Dark Knight. What kind of Batman movie does he want to see if he thinks two of.the best Bat films aren't any good?

I would rather that WB puts the franchise on hold for a couple years to reassess than handing this whole thing to Gunn . without any introspection or trying to learn from their mistakes. With Gunn on board I think things are only going to get worse.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, Bosco685 said:

I think blending 'good superhero movie' with 'coherent unified universe' as mandated requirements can lead to some of what has led to the erosion of strong standalone movies.

The former should be the primary creative driver compared to the latter. Though getting both effectively would be nice (when worldbuilding makes sense).

I believe with Elseworlds coexisting with the DCU we will indeed have both.  Im hopeful.  

On 8/29/2023 at 12:28 PM, Larryw7 said:

I would rather that WB puts the franchise on hold for a couple years to reassess than handing this whole thing to Gunn . without any introspection or trying to learn from their mistakes. With Gunn on board I think things are only going to get worse.

I really hope not.  I love this mythology. 

On 8/29/2023 at 1:43 PM, eastriver400 said:

I believe with Elseworlds coexisting with the DCU we will indeed have both.  Im hopeful.  

I hear you. Time will tell. But so far there have been a series of missteps which has then led to the failure of recently released films due to the communication the DCU was a relaunch. Telling the audiences these films do not matter.