• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All things Russ Heath
4 4

211 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2023 at 1:09 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

..and in other good news, FG are promising to publish a line of Atlas Comics Library. The first one will feature Russ Heath among others.

https://www.fantagraphics.com/collections/coming-soon/products/adventures-into-terror-the-atlas-comics-library

Adventures Into Terror cover image

Great news. This looks amazing.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:25 AM, Robot Man said:

It’s a real shame that Russ’s Atlas war hogs all the attention. His DC work (although mostly SA), is often even more well done and refined. 

I would argue that you need to revisit the Atlas stuff.  His DC war stuff is fantastic as well, but in a different sense.  But there is a good justification for why the Atlas work gets a lot of attention. 

On 4/19/2023 at 8:30 AM, buttock said:

I would argue that you need to revisit the Atlas stuff.  His DC war stuff is fantastic as well, but in a different sense.  But there is a good justification for why the Atlas work gets a lot of attention. 

I have a lot of both. Hey everything he did was top notch. I think his work kept getting better and better. He did a lot of great interior work in the DCs as well.

Personally, being a horror guy, I like his PCH work the most. Hey, babes trump tanks any day of the week…:roflmao:

On 4/19/2023 at 9:36 AM, Robot Man said:

I have a lot of both. Hey everything he did was top notch. I think his work kept getting better and better. He did a lot of great interior work in the DCs as well.

Personally, being a horror guy, I like his PCH work the most. Hey, babes trump tanks any day of the week…:roflmao:

He would intentionally draw women with overly large breasts because he knew the editor would tell him to reduce the size.  Then he could still draw them large, but the editor would sign off.