• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason David Frank R.I.P
1 1

10 posts in this topic

It is with an immensely heavy heart that we share the news that actor Jason David Frank passed away late last night. Jason was a regular at CGC, and his yearly signings have become somewhat of a holiday in their own right. Jason would bring a playfulness and electricity to every signing, and our staff loved every second of it. To say that our team members are deeply saddened by this loss would be an understatement. Jason was an incredible talent and an even more incredible person. CGC joins others in mourning the loss of a great man, and we share our condolences and support with his friends, fans and family.
If you or anyone you know are suffering from depression or suicidal thoughts, please don’t hesitate to reach out to U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

316416935_5873602629350360_7510803115306233406_n.jpg

Edited by ak47po

Sad news indeed and very shocking!!! It seemed like he was having a great life: great career, a new movie out sometime next year, his wife and kids, and of course his huge fantasy. You just never know what's really going on in a person's mind. 

I was fortunate to have met him at SDCC one year when he showed up. Great and friendly guy who genuinely cares for his fans. I was also a huge fan of MMPR show ever since it started in the early 90s. He will be missed! RIP JDF :cry:

I was so shocked and sadden by this news, I grew up on MMPR and the green ranger was my favourite! He will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family, friends and fans! 

Rest In Peace Jason aka Tommy.:cry:

On 11/21/2022 at 12:13 PM, Namtak said:

Wow,this is a big shock....was bigger than life guy with lot of energy.will be deeply missed....may you rest in peace jason david frank.will always cherish the fact i briefly met him and got a cool comics signed and sketch with pencil his white Tiger helmet! Can still see the pencil mark under the inking by kurth.it will stay in my collection as a prized memory of à great martial artist, athlete and actor.if you need help from any kind of dépression please reach out.

20210824_152715.jpg

Oh nice I think I’m going to look for something like that to add to the collection and keep 

That truly is a shame to hear having grown up primarily with Dino Thunder but also the '94 series. Even though I didn't understand it in my four year old mind at the time him being sort of the "darker" power ranger always made him my favorite. Flash forward about twelve years I actually went into my local LCS (the same day I got my learner's permit) and what do I see?! :whatthe: This little beauty (it was a 1 in 50 variant and this was the second printing if my recollection of facts is trustworthy). Kind of made my childhood and "adult" life intersect on that day to certain degree. Rest in Peace, JDF. You had a profound impact on my childhood and you definitely will be missed.

Spoiler

See the source image

Edited by Skylath

Jason David Frank played a big roll in my formative years. I enrolled in Tae Kwon Do because he was teaching a class. It was my first time being involved in anything related to sports. Eventually I went on to wrestle and train in MMA. The most important thing I learned from those karate classes were the mental aspects. Discipline, humility, honor, work ethic, ect. Things I've kept with me my whole life. I don't know if I would've turned out the same if it wasn't for JDF. Rest in peace.

20221124_104209.jpg