• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics with original subscription envelopes
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I bought a small stack of Bronze/Copper DC books recently, and many of them were still in the original subscription mailers. What does this add to the value of the books? None of them are particularly key books, but several of them are pretty sharp. I see some empty envelopes sold on eBay for (what seems to me) quite a bit. I don't see anything in the way of books sold in/with the original mailers. Let me know what you guys think or know.

Idk anything about them, as mine in the eighties were not kept by me, I vaguely remember plastic anyway, but.

Is there a way to tie the books to the envelope? Other than date in indica and mailer?

It would surprise if there were, but that means, imo, whether the combo of books and mailer affect value... Head scratcher, but cool 😎

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I have a stack of unopened subscription books from early 2000(I think).  Girlfriend bought me a subscription to a few titles.  I just put them away when they arrived.  They came shipped with just a sealed bag and backing board, so I don’t imagine any would be high grade.  They’re on my list of things to dig out of storage next time I go. 

On 11/22/2022 at 5:28 PM, Robot Man said:

I have a big pile of these I bought from a lady at a flea marketing PA many years ago. The books look unread. 

commagic102.jpg

comking131.jpg

Most of mine look unread too. The only damage looks to be from mailing/shipping. It's really impressive that they arrived in decent shape at all with nothing but a manila envelope protecting them. All mine have the same send to address.

On 11/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, elibowman said:

Most of mine look unread too. The only damage looks to be from mailing/shipping. It's really impressive that they arrived in decent shape at all with nothing but a manila envelope protecting them. All mine have the same send to address.

There's no way the post office could get them to you like that today. 

On 11/23/2022 at 9:37 AM, Jaylam said:

Picked this one up at a local auction a few years back. A beautiful example of how subscription books were mailed back in the 60's. (Respects to the original owner, Mr. Schatzberg, passed away in 2014.)

1818508648_adventure346subscriptionimage.jpg.05a53d93f603026278ad49b3d91eb948.jpg

adventure-346-front.jpg.22b17d52f18957e1e29905455303f5a7.jpg

The ones I have weren’t folded in half. The envelope is big enough to handle the flat book. 

On 11/23/2022 at 12:27 AM, Cat said:

There's no way the post office could get them to you like that today. 

I don't know--- I have several magazine subs that get mailed without any envelope holding them or at most a plastic bag on occasion and they arrive in pretty nice shape. It isn't 100% great service but for the most part--- pretty decent-- and all this with zero protection to the magazine.