• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have some questions about a recent sub
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi there. I recently got an order shipped and I had 3 questions about it.

1) Cert 4162405002 is showing 3 9.5s and an OC grade and the final grade is 9. Shouldnt it be 9.5? And if not, what does the OC grade do to a score? And is this any different than an error Miscut? Since I paid for an error service, not a subgrade one. Was not sure when subgrades apply and the miscut error would apply instead.

2) Cert 4162405001 had a square corner and it wasnt designated as an error, is that correct?

3) The other 3 cards from my sub were extremely off centered and didnt get the OC and or error/miscut grade. What is the criteria for OC exactly?
Edited by mz1995g
Mistyped

On 11/30/2022 at 9:45 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

Thank you for your question. I am checking with our graders to get you more information. I am sorry for the delay. 

Sure no worries. I know with the holidays things are backed up so no rush.

Also on my recent submission, which is #4162404, theres an item thats in research. I didnt realize that you can add your own info into a card that you want graded. The item that was missing is a Yugioh Monster Reborn from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Millennium Scenes Blu-ray & DVD that came out this year in 2022. The Shivan Dragon is also a promo from the Japanese MTG 30th Anniversary promo series. 

On 11/30/2022 at 5:14 PM, MattM CS said:

@mz1995g

Thank you for the information. Rest assured these will be corrected once these cards have finished the grading process. Thank you for your patience. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hi again. Is operations just behind a bit more than usual? I just ask since my order has been sitting for about a week and it usually moves faster. And usually information would be updated by now.

• Administrator

Hello,

There is not set amount of time a submission will status or another. It is the full turnaround time we look at for our estimations of when submissions will be finished up. Rest assured, at this time, this order is still going through the system as expected. Thank you for your patience. 

On 12/5/2022 at 9:03 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

There is not set amount of time a submission will status or another. It is the full turnaround time we look at for our estimations of when submissions will be finished up. Rest assured, at this time, this order is still going through the system as expected. Thank you for your patience. 

Alright. I still need my questions answered about the last sub that I sent an email about since there is some inconsistency issues with the error grading. One card had a square corner and didnt get the error grade. One card got OC + subgrades and another just minor miscut and the other 3 cards didnt get any error designation. If my email or my questions about this can be clarified, that would be greatly appreciated. I sent an email a week ago about this and havent heard anything, so some response on the issue would be great so I know moving forward what cards I can sub for error and which ones I cant.

• Administrator

If a card's centering is severely off, beyond a certain threshold, it will be given the O/C designation. The only location that O/C can be displayed is in the "Centering" category of the subgrades. As such, if a card is deemed to be O/C then subgrades will be included at no extra cost. This is not the same as an error designation and will adversely affect the grade of the card, as it is essentially a very low "centering" score. 4162405002 is the only card that was considered severe enough for the O/C designation. This is a determination made at the discretion of the graders, who follow a strict set of guidelines. 4162405001 did not qualify for the error designation of square corners. I will include an image below that clearly shows what this error looks like. I hope this clarifies everything for you. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out,
Thank you and have a great day.
?name=image.png

On 12/6/2022 at 10:00 AM, CMatthews said:

If a card's centering is severely off, beyond a certain threshold, it will be given the O/C designation. The only location that O/C can be displayed is in the "Centering" category of the subgrades. As such, if a card is deemed to be O/C then subgrades will be included at no extra cost. This is not the same as an error designation and will adversely affect the grade of the card, as it is essentially a very low "centering" score. 4162405002 is the only card that was considered severe enough for the O/C designation. This is a determination made at the discretion of the graders, who follow a strict set of guidelines. 4162405001 did not qualify for the error designation of square corners. I will include an image below that clearly shows what this error looks like. I hope this clarifies everything for you. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out,
Thank you and have a great day.
?name=image.png

Ah ok that all makes sense now. Thanks for the response! Also one last thing, is OC considered an error or not? Since I was on ebay the other day and saw this cert: 4150619002 which had the error designation and OC and both my card and theirs have the same issue. Is there any differences between the two?

And is the lowest you can get on the centering subgrade still an 8 or can it go lower? Since I was wondering how my Aerodactyl V got an 8 but if you were to add up the averages, if the centering was an 8, then the lowest grade it could get is 8.5.

Edited by mz1995g