• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Sid's Luncheonette" books at the National

21 posts in this topic

i'm bringing the remainder of my HG SA DC's to the National. they will be displayed at Byron's TVComics ( right next to Gus' Silver Age Comics).

there are 30 left of the original 100, to include;

Wonder Woman #127 - 9.2 (2d best)

#139 - 9.4 (2d best)

#140 - 9.0

#143 - 9.6 (only copy)

#144 - 9.4 (tied for best)

#145 - 9.4 (2d best)

#147 - 9.2

JLA #10 - 8.0

#23 - 9.2

#27 - 9.2 (2d best)

#28 - 9.6 (best copy)

#32 - 9.0

Metal Men #2 9.4 (2d best)

#3 - 9.6 (best copy)

#4 - 9.4 (2d best)

#8 - 9.2 (2d best)

#9 - 9.0

Mystery in Space #75 - 9.2 (2d best/JLA crossover)

#87 - 8.5 (Hawkman)

Showcase #45 - 8.5 (Sgt Rock)

Flash #131 - 8.5

#145 - 9.4

Brave and the Bold #42 - 8.0(Hawkman)

#43 - 8.0 (Hawkman)

#51 - 9.0 (Hawkman & Aquaman)

Atom #1 - 8.5

#2 - 9.0

#3 - 9.0

#7 - 9.2 (Hawkman crossover)

i'll be sitting in all day Saturday, except for Lunch with the gang. stop by to check them out and say hello - there are some real beauties here.............. thumbsup2.gif

Tell Gus at Silverage "Yasoo patrida"

Happy selling

Nikos - will do................. thumbsup2.gif

also, there are 4 books that have turned up as unsold. they are;

Wonder Woman #128 - 9.0Q

Showcase #43 - 8.0 (Dr No)

Atom #11 - 9.2

and

JLA #29 - 8.0 ( reintroduction of the JSA - hey, i seem to recall that our own deathlok commented on having bought this book within days of the listing - was i dreaming????)

in any event, there will be 33 books at the National.................... grin.gif

one last update; since the CGC box holds 36 books i decided to bring along 3 more books that weren't originally up for sale. they are all graded 7.5 and i've posted them in the grading thread so folks can see what an early 60's SA DC 7.5 can look like............... thumbsup2.gif

they are JLA #12

Flash #144

Brave & Bold #39 (Suicide Squad from 12/61)

Hope to run into a few forumites at the show................... grin.gif

...l was planning on going and looking at a couple of those,...don't think I can make it now,... frown.gif

Crapola - now i've got to hope that the world's only other SA Wonder Woman collector shows up......... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Wish i knew who bought those WW's PC's off Heritage earlier this month - they garnered some nice prices. the #143 wasn't among the books auctioned off and my 9.6 is the best there is, so far...........(as is my #144, and the #127, 139 and 145 are all tied for 2d best). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Were there any Star Spangled War Stories comics in the the "Sid's Luncheonette Collection"?

most of those (approx 10 of the first 12 dinosaur issues) are in 7.0 to 9.0 condition.

i never had them slabbed - maybe someday..................i've posted them all before but have probably removed them from my host file. if you're interested in seeing any let me know.........

Crapola - now i've got to hope that the world's only other SA Wonder Woman collector shows up......... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Wish i knew who bought those WW's PC's off Heritage earlier this month - they garnered some nice prices. the #143 wasn't among the books auctioned off and my 9.6 is the best there is, so far...........(as is my #144, and the #127, 139 and 145 are all tied for 2d best). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

maybe you should give old ed jasper a ring.

Harry, why don't you just consign the books to Heritage? confused.gif Clearly, they can reach the audience you're looking for. Just stick on the reserve that you want, so if they don't sell you get the books back. Much as I like Doug, his site's ability to reach the non-Marvel crowd is limited, in my opinion. If your DCs hadn't been publicized on these boards, some core DC collectors (including myself) may never have realized they were available on Pedigree.