• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overcharged for return shipping ?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

So I just received credit card charges for the following two submissions and am being charged return shipping for each of them. These are for the SAME in-house private signing event SNYDER/CAPULLO/DANIEL/GLAPION/SOULE/MCNIVEN/BROWN. FYI, I actually also have a 3rd submission order # CGC2364246645 for this same event which have yet to be keyed in.

Like to enquire since the submissions are for the SAME signing event and were delivered to you guys in the same package, why can they not be return shipped back together and each is being charged the full shipping separately ? I understand from one of your staff’s response on the chat boards so long as the submissions are for the same signing event and were delivered in the same package that consolidated shipping can be done and am attaching that post here. Have also notated on the packing slips to have the books be return shipped back together.  

Kindly advise.

B031FC8B-C5E6-43DE-868B-83C763DF6B2F.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello! I do show that your two submissions are marked to be shipped together at this time, but I do see that you were charged twice for shipping. We will credit your account for the extra charge of $80 now. We apologize for the confusion and appreciate you reaching out. 

On 12/6/2022 at 10:13 PM, CMatthews said:

Hello! I do show that your two submissions are marked to be shipped together at this time, but I do see that you were charged twice for shipping. We will credit your account for the extra charge of $80 now. We apologize for the confusion and appreciate you reaching out. 

Hi !

thanks for acting on the overcharged $80 shipping amount. May I know what the $80 credited into my account can be used for ? Can it be used to offset the costs for my outstanding order # CGC2364246645 (which is for the same private signing event but yet to be keyed in). If not then are the credits only good to be applied on new submissions ? FYI I’m registered as a free member so I can only send in submissions for Signature Series.

kindly advise and thanks .

• Administrator

@ALAN TONG 

Credits can be used on any regular CGC fees (not CCS). Since your other order has not yet been received, this credit will be applied automatically once this invoice has gone through accounting. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. 

On 12/7/2022 at 10:09 PM, MattM CS said:

@ALAN TONG 

Credits can be used on any regular CGC fees (not CCS). Since your other order has not yet been received, this credit will be applied automatically once this invoice has gone through accounting. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. 

Hello Matt !

noted and thanks for clarifying my query .

Regards,

Alan

On 12/7/2022 at 10:09 PM, MattM CS said:

@ALAN TONG 

@MattM CS

Hi ! 
just to inform the Submission Status for my third and final order CGC2364246645 on this signing event has been keyed in and updated. I have sent an email to customer service regarding consolidated shipping and use of the $80 credits .

Thanks and Regards !

On 12/13/2022 at 9:54 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello Alan,

Thank you for letting us know. This credit has been applied. Thank you for letting us know. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. 

@MattM CS

Hi Matt,

I have just received a billing on my credit card for $165 on order CGC2364246645. Was the $80 credit not applied ? I have received an email confirmation from your colleague Crystal, saying the shipping charge has already been removed. That plus the supposed $80 applied credit should bring the total down to $85 instead of $165 I believe.

the status on my credit card is reflecting as PENDING. I have reached out to the bank and they have advised me to liase with you to have the $165 charge be cancelled and resend an amended one with the correct amount.

Kindly assist to check please.

Regards

Edited by ALAN TONG
More details added

• Administrator

Hello Alan,

Unfortunately this $80 credit was not available to be applied previously for some reason. I have refunded the $80 charge to your card. This will be back on your account in the next 3-5 business days. Thank you for your patience. 

On 12/14/2022 at 10:11 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello Alan,

Unfortunately this $80 credit was not available to be applied previously for some reason. I have refunded the $80 charge to your card. This will be back on your account in the next 3-5 business days. Thank you for your patience. 

@MattM CS

Hello Matt,

thanks for taking the effort to rectify the situation . Appreciate it.

Hello @MattM CS,

I am having a similar issue. I recently submitted each of the special signing event Batman/Spawn #1 signed comics (3), and was charged for return shipping for all three books, rather than a single shipping cost. Also, I was billed for the Fedex shipping label - I did not use Fedex, but UPS. In total, I feel I was erroneously charged $45 for the Fedex shipping, additionally $40 for shipping on two of the submissions. I am hopeful that a similar resolution is possible.

Please let me know if I should provide additional context.

Respectfully,

Tom H