• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashcans? Is there a Double Action Comics #1

43 posts in this topic

>>>...But someone called Raven just sent me a supposed scan of the ashcan to Double Action which looks ridiculous because it's a scan of Detective 18's artwork in reverse...<<<

lol!

A Raven sighting!

Beware, Ian. This guy is a nutcase.

OMG! Is he really back? I don't know whether I'm happy or scared...

Just in case anyone forgot:

bats.jpg

I felt a need to add the FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! to the image just so there was no confusion...

Raven pops up when Amerweb posts that restored Action #7 on Ebay. (I assume they are the same person or related in some way)

Isn't "Ashcan/Comics" Raven? confused-smiley-013.gif

A Raven sighting!

Beware, Ian. This guy is a nutcase.

Here's the scan he sent me claiming it to be the original ashcan of the Double Action 1. Now the fact that it looks nothing like the colour Double Action 1 would be correct, as none of the ashcans looked like the eventual number ones. And the fact that it's Detective 18 in reverse also amused me. But it's so obviously a fake.

1006958-doubleashcan%23134.jpg

589a8f81272bd_1006958-doubleashcan134.jpg.061b5b3bd057c45cc4b1e888446011f5.jpg

It's a fake, Ian. It's just an inversed copy of the low grade Detective 18 that sold on Heritage. I spent about 20 seconds inverting the color, and have highlighted the places on the book that are giveaways on his "fake" DA #1.

815028044o.jpg

1007380-faketec18.JPG

1007380-faketec182.JPG

1007380-faketec182.JPG.fa118c9da7bac8aa79329c009abe07d7.JPG

how do you know it might not be real , and that your color mock up is real , where did both come from , they might both be real or maybe both or fake.

aschan/comics

in search of all known and unknown dc ashcans

Why do I think that you're Raven under another name ???

It's a fake, Ian. It's just an inversed copy of the low grade Detective 18 that sold on Heritage. I spent about 20 seconds inverting the color, and have highlighted the places on the book that are giveaways on his "fake" DA #1.

I knew it was a fake as soon as he sent it to me.

how do you know it might not be real , and that your color mock up is real , where did both come from , they might both be real or maybe both or fake.

aschan/comics

in search of all known and unknown dc ashcans

Why do I think that you're Raven under another name ???

I'm thinking the same thing too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No need to apologize. I thought the writing style was too similar as well.

From a Raven post: "i just thought i would respond to you by saying it is real , real to me

and that is all that matters to me."

From ashcan/comics: "how do you know it might not be real , and that your color mock up

is real , where did both come from , they might both be real or maybe both or fake."

You know, I joined the boards at the beginning of this year, right at the time Raven kept posting that fake Batman ashcan and someone on here posted that stick-figure Batman ashcan in response...and I have to say, that's still one of the most hysterical threads I've read on the boards. I just KNEW I was gonna like it here!

Happy Thanksgiving, all. hi.gif