• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The All Encompassing 2022 Golden Age Year in Review Thread
5 5

124 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2022 at 4:11 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

I always ENJOY the heck out this thread!! Thanks @Cat-Man_America for firing it up!!

2022 was a pretty decent year for me comic purchasing wise that started out with a Bang of a Blue Ribbon I had made WTBs for since probably 2016. It’s a rag but she slots well into my humble collection. Some would say the real Pinnacle of my collection the Hero-Horror genre mashup. I also FINALLY landed the ever elusive Speed and Top Notch both issues 18 of their titles respectively. Same story cover wise (I have a preference for sure hehe) I had a Four Favorites 8 on the list for many years and somehow ended up with 2 of them!! Both low grade one being the Kurtzman File copy and the book only has 9 TOTAL copies on the census but they all seemed to come out of the woodwork at once!! So strange!! I picked up a cool little foreign Cap book just loved the cover!! I nabbed a Flash Comics 21. Not rare but hard to turn away from a classic Moldoff Hawkman especially this issue that many times lands in an oversized holder so i liked this copy as it’s nice and straight. I finished the year with the Blue Beetle 12 that will most probably be my last noteworthy purchase of 2022 but never say it’s over till it’s over. Wonderful thread I always LOVE seeing how everyone did through the year!! CHEERS and keep ‘em coming!!  

BB61752B-AEC6-4BEF-B500-089E04C0194A.jpeg

6E1B31F1-BC1D-4F5B-8308-81583FFE0A71.jpeg

EBCF5BCC-8DE9-4CFA-8F0A-DAA9AB5CBBE3.jpeg

C80D2773-D38C-4399-A8AB-CE4DFB441331.jpeg

DD436B24-C2D6-46DE-BC5C-5741D4A44115.jpeg

704604C0-4751-4741-94BB-A5B7515958ED.jpeg

1FA3ED1C-3084-44F4-B868-095771D08F30.jpeg

195334BF-0E84-4ACF-A261-0160B0C4AE8C.jpeg

What a haul Gino, and welcome to the Speed and Top-Notch club,  always such rarities you manage to score :golfclap:

On 12/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

I always ENJOY the heck out this thread!! Thanks @Cat-Man_America for firing it up!!

2022 was a pretty decent year for me comic purchasing wise that started out with a Bang of a Blue Ribbon I had made WTBs for since probably 2016. It’s a rag but she slots well into my humble collection. Some would say the real Pinnacle of my collection the Hero-Horror genre mashup. I also FINALLY landed the ever elusive Speed and Top Notch both issues 18 of their titles respectively. Same story cover wise (I have a preference for sure hehe) I had a Four Favorites 8 on the list for many years and somehow ended up with 2 of them!! Both low grade one being the Kurtzman File copy and the book only has 9 TOTAL copies on the census but they all seemed to come out of the woodwork at once!! So strange!! I picked up a cool little foreign Cap book just loved the cover!! I nabbed a Flash Comics 21. Not rare but hard to turn away from a classic Moldoff Hawkman especially this issue that many times lands in an oversized holder so i liked this copy as it’s nice and straight. I finished the year with the Blue Beetle 12 that will most probably be my last noteworthy purchase of 2022 but never say it’s over till it’s over. Wonderful thread I always LOVE seeing how everyone did through the year!! CHEERS and keep ‘em coming!!  

1FA3ED1C-3084-44F4-B868-095771D08F30.jpeg

I saw Moldoff a couple of times in the mid-90s at SDCC.  I had no idea who he was at the time, even though I had a lot of Batman's with his art in them.  So, when I asked who he was the first time I saw him, his wife said "This is Shelly Moldoff", and I said something intelligent, like "Oh..." and walked away...:sorry:Not one of my better moments.  :facepalm:

On 12/12/2022 at 4:17 PM, sagii said:

What a haul Gino, and welcome to the Speed and Top-Notch club,  always such rarities you manage to score :golfclap:

Thanks Corey I look very much forward to seeing the rest of your treasures you pulled in as well!! Let em trickle in!!

On 12/12/2022 at 5:14 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I saw Moldoff a couple of times in the mid-90s at SDCC.  I had no idea who he was at the time, even though I had a lot of Batman's with his art in them.  So, when I asked who he was the first time I saw him, his wife said "This is Shelly Moldoff", and I said something intelligent, like "Oh..." and walked away...:sorry:Not one of my better moments.  :facepalm:

Oh man admittedly if I was in your shoes in the mid 90s my answer would have been similar so no judgement here haha!! At least you didn’t say, “Hey there is that supposed to mean something to me? Let me dig into my pocket and find you a quarter so you hit the pay phone up outside and call somebody that cares!!” 🤣 So I guess could have been worse!! 

He’s been gone for what 10years now but his legacy and art will carry on for many many years to come. I am sure somehow in the universe we are making up for these slights simply by recognizing his work and continuing to spread the word of his talent. 

On 12/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Oh man admittedly if I was in your shoes in the mid 90s my answer would have been similar so no judgement here haha!! At least you didn’t say, “Hey there is that supposed to mean something to me? Let me dig into my pocket and find you a quarter so you hit the pay phone up outside and call somebody that cares!!” 🤣 So I guess could have been worse!! 

:roflmao:

On 12/12/2022 at 5:20 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I'm not going to show all the cr*p I picked up this year, but here's a few...I'm not a high roller by any stretch of the word...

==Bak-WBT2-CGC4.5-Ponsetti.jpg

==CaptainMarvJr80-6.5-Payette.jpg

==DC-MystInSpace13-Ebay.jpg

==DC-StrangeAdv7-3.0-MCS.jpg

==DC-StrangeAdv18-Ebay.jpg

==Gunsmoke3-5.5-Howard.jpg

==Gunsmoke4-7.0-Howard.jpg

==Gunsmoke5-7.0-Howard.jpg

==Gunsmoke6-8.0-Howard.jpg

==LooneyTunes74-Payette.jpg

==EC-TFT22-Payette.jpg

==FH-Fight524.0(C.O.)-Robotman.jpg

600102434_Master91-6.0.jpg

==ShadowV7#11-EdLane.jpg

Very eclectic Brian, and always such nice copies!