• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare & Esoteric GA CGC Books (and some regular cool ones)
7 7

57 posts in this topic

Shipping Costs/Method: For single or combined purchases over $1,000.00 domestic shipping via USPS Priority Mail is FREE. Otherwise it is $18.00 for USPS Priority Rate Flat Rate Medium Box (usually 2-3 CGC books). Raw books are $8.00 for domestic USPS Priority Mail envelope. If you want another method to be used, actual shipping costs will be charged. International is actual cost to be assessed but $50.00 upfront (any excess will be refunded). Over $4,000.00 is free for international buyers. Multiple orders can be combined. Insurance and delivery confirmation is included. Other shipping methods available upon request.

Payment Methods: Personal checks, postal money orders, bank cashier checks, wire transfers, Paypal, Zelle and Venmo. All checks and money orders should be made payable to EsquireComics. Paypal account is EsquireComics@aol.com. Venmo is @Mark-Zaid. Zelle is 202-498-0011.

My Return Policy: I certainly believe you will be happy with your purchase. For raw books, I do my best to objectively grade every book and provide you with detailed descriptions. I have been collecting comics for almost 50 years and I have served as an Advisor to the Overstreet Comic Book & Pricing Guides since 2006.

However, your personal satisfaction is very important to me. If for any reason you wish to return your purchase, you may do so. However, you must notify me in writing within three (3) calendar days of receiving the book that you desire to return it, and you must ship it back to me within seven (7) calendar days. All associated costs for returning the book must be borne by the purchaser. And, of course, the book must be returned in the same condition it was received.

This return policy applies to CGC books as well.

Payment Plans: For purchases over $1,000.00, payment plans can be available so long as full payment will be received within 3 months. A non-refundable 1/3 deposit minimum will be required.

Counter-Offers: Don't hesitate to make a counter-offer via PM, especially for multiple books. But first :takeit: for each book always takes it. I will follow-up via PM.

Please note that any book not sold after seven (7) days may be placed in other venues. and the listed price is no longer valid. Please inquire as to availability and price

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Famous Funnies #28 (Eastern Color, 1936) CGC 1.8 OW/W pages. 

Mickey Finn begins a run in this issue. 

CGC notes: "cover detached". Probably would have been a 5.0 otherwise. Oh well.

There are no sales on GPA noted for the last six years and I can tell you why: there are only five other copies graded! So if you are looking to complete the run, like I am, here is a great filler copy!

FORUM PRICE: $125.00

Famouns Funnies 28.jpg

On 12/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, esquirecomics said:

Famous Funnies #2 (Eastern Color, 1934) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Cream to off-white pages. 

Overstreet calls this book "rare", and Gerber rates it a "9" or "very rare." An extremely early book, this comic is recognized as the seventh comic book ever produced. Vic Pazmino drew the cover. Mutt and Jeff and Joe Palooka appearances.

This title is one of my favorites as it and More Fun Comics, in my view, exemplify and stand for the history of the comic book industry. So many "firsts" happened in this long-running title. I don't think Platinum books receive the love they deserve but the last year or two has seen a steady increase in value, which pleases me greatly! I do believe this trend will continue in a positive direction.

How many of you own a Gerber "9"? I doubt very many! I love collecting them! So here is your rare chance to do so and frankly the price is not out of reach!

FORUM PRICE: $1,400.00

Famous Funnies 2.jpg

:takeit:

On 12/13/2022 at 2:44 PM, esquirecomics said:

Captain Aero Comics #9 (Holyoke Publications, 1942) CGC 7.0 Cr/OW pages. 

What can be rarer then a Gerber "9" or "10"? Well how about one of the "white spaces", which is also rated "9" or "Very Rare."

Japanese and Nazi War cover by Al Ulmer. Charles Quinlan, Charles Nicholas, and Sol Brodsky art.

This is the Rockford Copy (so I was told when I purchased it) but for some reason it did not make it onto the label, although nowadays I don't think it really impacts the price anyway.

There are only two copies graded higher than this one. A CGC 7.5 copy sold at Heritage in November 2021 for $3,840.00!

FORUM PRICE: $3,500.00

Capt Aero 9.jpg

Certainly looks like a Rockford to me. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but it seems like they missed this one. 

• Administrator
On 12/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Generational Comics said:
On 12/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, esquirecomics said:

Famous Funnies #2 (Eastern Color, 1934) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Cream to off-white pages. 

Overstreet calls this book "rare", and Gerber rates it a "9" or "very rare." An extremely early book, this comic is recognized as the seventh comic book ever produced. Vic Pazmino drew the cover. Mutt and Jeff and Joe Palooka appearances.

This title is one of my favorites as it and More Fun Comics, in my view, exemplify and stand for the history of the comic book industry. So many "firsts" happened in this long-running title. I don't think Platinum books receive the love they deserve but the last year or two has seen a steady increase in value, which pleases me greatly! I do believe this trend will continue in a positive direction.

How many of you own a Gerber "9"? I doubt very many! I love collecting them! So here is your rare chance to do so and frankly the price is not out of reach!

FORUM PRICE: $1,400.00

Famous Funnies 2.jpg

Expand  

:takeit:

I just approved this post further up in the thread.  I thought I would quote it to make sure it gets noticed.